fifteen!- i'm sorry.

eden was sobbing by the time she had ran back to her house, all of her pent up emotions being let out all at once, not to mention she felt like she could collapse of exhaustion any second, she hated it, she had only ran across the street and she felt as if she could die any minute, she knew she was exaggerating but it seriously felt as if she had just ran a marathon.

eden let herself calm down for a minute before changing, this time grabbing some of karls merch, making sure to grab a spare hoodie, which just so happened to be wilburs, its basically all she wears, she gets it for free so why not. this time instead of wearing thin shorts she grabbed some joggers which she knew would keep her warm and hopefully wouldn't get too wet.

at this point eden knew that she was definitely late, she should've left twenty ,minutes ago, but hopefully dr Moskowitz would have some sympathy for her and hopefully he wouldn't hold it against her.

eden had quickly ran out to her car, she had caught a glimpse of karl in his window watching her, she longed to go back over there but she knew she couldn't, she couldn't let herself avoid whatever was coming, because no amount of her worrying can change the inevitable, eden had been taught to believe in fate and to believe that god decides how are lives are written. she believed that if something is meant to go elsewhere it will never come your way, but if it is yours by destiny then you can never run away from it.

what is meant for you will always come. its unavoidable, nobody can run away from 'god's design'.

so eden wasn't going to run away from this, from whatever 'this' is, she's going to run straight for it and do whatever it takes to sort it out. whatever it takes.

edens drive to the hospital felt both miserable yet hopeful, she was dreading hearing whatever news hr doctor had to give her, yet she was hopeful that it wouldn't end badly, maybe she doesn't have anything severe or even bad at all, she could just be stressing herself out for no reason.

upon getting to the hospital she spoke to a nurse as to why she was here and she was escorted up to dr Moskowitz office, but she didn't miss the pitiful look that nurse gave her, that worried her, what exactly did that nurse know. maybe eden was just being paranoid. she always gets paranoid when she's nervous.

upon entering dr Moskowitz office she was met with  another set of eyes that she didn't recognise, at first she thought she had gone to the wrong room until she say doctor Moskowitz looking at her from the corner.

"it's nice to meet you eden, im doctor shepard" the doctor which she didn't know spoke, motioning for her to sit down in the chair direct infront of him.

"like grey's anatomy?" she asked him, she couldn't help herself, at least he seemed to find it funny, so did dr Moskowitz who was holding back his laugh from the side of the room. he chuckled lightly before replying, "not quite, but similar" he told her, smiling at her, she already liked this guy, he wasn't smiling at her in pity, it was a genuine smile. it was a nice change from the smiles she got from the nurses or dr Moskowitz.

"as i was saying, my name is dr shepard but feel free to call me richard, or derek if you'd like" he joked. And as funny as she found it she was scared. To most people Dr shepard allowing a patient to use his first name would be a kind gesture, but that's not how eden took it, eden saw this as a hint that they would be seeing alot of each other, or at least he planned to be seeing more of her.

It might be a reach, but she hoped she wasn't right about it, she desperately hoped she was wrong.

Instead of saying anything, she only nodded, and he took this as a sign that she was ready to stop all of the jokes and have a serious conversation, the part that all of them were dreading.

"So eden, we have some news for you, but before we tell you I want you to take a few deep breaths" 'Derek' told her, seeing her leg that had been bouncing and her breathes that had become uneven.

Eden nodded and did what she was told, now its time for the fun stuff...

"Okay, let's get to it, so eden we got the results from all of your scans and we have identified what's wrong... we have found a glioblastoma tumor in your brain, it's an aggressive malignant cancer, I'm sorry eden" she felt like she had gotten the air knocked out of her, she was expecting bad news but that is not what she had expected to hear.

It was silent for a few moments, both of the doctors knowing that eden needed a few minutes to think.

Eventually she spoke.

"What can we do, how can you get rid of it?" She asked, she felt numb, all she wanted to know was if she'd be okay.

"I'm sorry eden, there isn't a cure for the type of tumor you have, all we can do is focus on removing or shrinking the tumor to reduce your symptoms. The first step is surgery to remove the tumor, and that would be followed by radiation and chemotherapy" edens heart sank, and now she got the pitiful looks.

"How long." She asked, he knew what she meant and sadly answered her, it felt like another shot to the chest.

"between 14 and 16 months, but some patients with certain tumor genetics have can survive up to between 22 and 31 months" he told her, his eyes were sad, such a young girl should not be going through this.

"So you saying I basically have just over a year? Wow... this is all just. Wow" eden wasn't sure what to say, was there even any point going through all the pain to get it treated, she was going to die anyway.

"How long if you don't treat it" she asked and that was not what the doctors were expecting, "for such a devastating tumor eden it would be less than six months"

Could this day go any better, everything was going downhill, all she wants to hold is sob and cry and shout but nothing is coming out, she hated it, she hated that she felt all these things on the inside but none if it would come out, she just wanted to cry.

"When would I get surgery" she asked them, she didn't want to be selfish, if she was going to die she'd rather stay alive long enough to be with her friends a little longer.

"We can perform a craniotomy within the next month, we will remove as much of your tumor as possible and after the surgery it should take 4 to 8 weeks to recover before we can start other methods of treatment"

These were the moments that made eden dread what's to come, how was she supposed to do this, its so much all at once, and she was just supposed to accept it? Because that's what happens in life, people live and people die and her clock decided to tick just abit faster than everyone else's.

There was so many thoughts rushing through her head in those moments.

She wasn't going to grow old, she wasn't going to find her first grey hair, she wasn't going to find a long-term partner who she could live the rest of her days with.

She's never going to have children and she's never going to have grandchildren, she's going to miss so much of her life and the lives of her friends. Its so hard to think about. She's dying...