Dragons and flashing lights

"Merlin Cedric I don't know how you're so calm about this. I'm not even competing and I'm about to loose my shi-."

"Language Y/n."

"Oh god. You sound like my dad. Which sucks because my dad is an arse and you aren't."

"That's a new one. I sound like Snape huh?" Cedric asked smirking.

"Just a tad. Now hurry before you're late. They're all gonna get the good dragons and then you're gonna get mauled by a nasty beast. Then I'm gonna be so sad and I'll be a teenaged widow and I'll become ugly and,-"

"Y/n widow is for married women. I don't believe we've gotten married yet."

"Oh,we'll that's not the point Cedric."I said and started pulling I'm into the direction of the tent. "The point is you better not get hurt because then I'll be all alone."

"Of course I won't get hurt. I'm "The Cedric Diggory" remember? You're words not mine."

"I implied you were awesome not invincible Cedric."I said as we walked into the tent drawing the attention to us."

"How nice of you to join us Diggory." Moody said using his hood eye to give us a dirty look. "Seems you've brought an extra huh." I watched him eye me.

What a looney old freak he is.

"Seems he has professor."I replied not even attempting to hide the sarcasm in my voice."

"Hmhp. Well as long as you don't distract him or get him killed it's fine I guess."

"I wouldn't dream of it, sir."I said through gritted teeth."

"Right well gather round kids. It's time to pick your dragons."

I'd be lying if I said I didn't zone out as they picked their dragons. I just hoped that Cedric didn't get one too bad.

I was snapped out of my trance when I thought I saw a quick light flash. It happened so fast. Must be my imagination.

"Eyes to yourself Diggory." It was Moody again.

I couldn't help but snicker. He probably didn't have a problem keeping his eyes to himself. Or rather eye.

"Find something amusing Snape?"He questioned obviously picking up on why I was laughing."

"I do sir. But I doubt you'd like me to share it." From the corner of my eye I saw Harry,Fluer, Cedric and even Viktor Krum smile.

"No it's fine Snape. I'm sure we'd all love to know." He pushed on. It seemed like he was challenging me. And Merlin knows I wasn't one to back down from a challenge.

"Okay." I shrugged. "I was laughing because I find it funny what word your ugl-."

"Y/n!" Cedric said stopping me from saying something that would get me about two months of detention.

I smirked at Moody and put my hands up as if to surrender. "Come one Ced. I wasn't gonna say anything bad. Just the truth. Seems he could use it." I tsk'd and walked to the back of the tent.

They went back to what they were doing for a few minutes. When they finished Cedric came over to me.

"Y/n as funny as that was I don't think you should go making enemies with Moody."

"Why's that?" I asked.

"Well he turned Malfoy into a ferret. He's obviously got a few screws loose."

"Right we'll I'd love to see him try that with me. If I don't end up killing him my father will for sure."

"Just promise not to go picking a fight with him Y/n." He asked reaching his pinky out to me.