What love is

As the door opened up it showed a nervous Malfoy.

"What do you want?"I rolled my eyes.

He didn't answer instead he just walked over to me and sat down.

"What you twat?"I asked again.

"Y/n."

I didn't reply I just glared at him.

"I'll ask my father to make her take it down." He continued. Eyes scanning my face.

I scoffed. "Do you really think it'll make a difference Draco? The entire school saw it! This paper doesn't mean anything when it comes to you! Me and Cedric aren't like you!"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"If I was to have feelings for you while I'm in Cedric I'm a slag, Cedric looks like he isn't a good boyfriend, like he's not enough. But for you Malfoy, you'd get praised! Even if they didn't see it like that, you're Malfoy one look and they shut up. It's not like that for me and him!"

He started to laugh but not like a genuine laugh more like a pissed off laugh.

"God Y/n all you think about is you and Cedric! What about me?! She said I'm incapable of love!! She basically called me a monster!" He shouted.

I scoffed again. "And that's worse then being a whore?"

"Y/n people already think we like each other! And it's not like you do anything to stop it."

"Don't do that Malfoy!"

"You know what I should have just let her post the original story. You're not worth it."

I took a second to take in what he said.

"Wait, what original story?"

"Never mind y/n."

"Malfoy what other story?"

"Y/n it was either a story about me being I love with you or about you being in love with me. Seems I'm not the only one who can't keep their eyes to themselves."

"Did she show you pictures?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah and the story she was going to publish. So she gave me a choice you or me."

"Draco why would you do that? We could have found another way! Like umm, a memory spell or uh, blackmail. I'm sure that witch has something dirty hidden." I deadpanned.

"No y/n, no."

"Drac-."

"Y/n just stop it!" He said "I'm fine with it. I don't care, let them talk. If they bother you just tell me and I'll shut them up."

"Draco I don't need you to watch out for me." I said and crossed my arms.

"Yeah well clearly your boyfriend can't." He scoffed.

"Don't."

"Y/n he left you in that hall infront of everyone! He didn't come to me to confront me about it he didn't check on you he only cares how he looks!"

"No! He has every right to be upset. I -." I tried to explain.

"Merlin Y/n why are you defending him!? Can't you get it in your thick skull?" He asked and smacked my head walking closer to me as I backed up.

"Y/n no matter what he does you'll find a way to justify it. Because you need to be loved, so you let everyone treat you like shit! You're so weak!" He continued backing me closer and closer to the wall.

"I-I'm not we-."

"Yes you are!" He cut me off anger written all over his face. "You probably don't even love him, you love that he loves you because you're needy. He gives you all the attention you want. You don't know what real love is y/n. Rita got it all wrong I know what love is! It's willing to do anything for somebody, giving up sleep because they're on your mind. Wanting them to want you back just as much. Being so obsessed with them it physically hurts! Needing them and feeling your blood boil when they're with someone who isn't right for them. Watching them convince themselves that they love someone else because they need to feel excepted."

A tear ran down my face.

"What wrong love? You think you're the only one who can read people? You think I can't see your mommy issue's through that shield you wear?" He said shoving my back into the wall.

"I -." I tried to speak just to be cut off.

"Yea you do love. You've only got two girl friends and you try your hardest to please them. Your self esteem is shit! You let me do what I like when I like because you don't think you deserve boundaries. And on top of that." He said pushing his pointer finger into my head.

"You've got daddy issues. If you weren't crying right now you'd probably laugh because, who am I to talk? But it's true, deep down Cedric doesn't give you what you want. He's just too nice... too boring. You like that I'm hot and cold. That's why you forgive so easy y/n you need my approval, attention and love."

The tears just kept coming no matter how hard I tried to stop them.

"When you're with Cedric you think about me don't you?" He smirked.

I tried to avoid looking at him. I went to wipe my tears but he pushed my arm away.

"Answer the question love. Do. You. Think. About. Me?" He said taking a break between each word.

I looked up to meet his eyes. There was something in his eyes that resembled anger but it wasn't. It was a form of anger I've never seen before. A needy angry.

"No." I tried to sound confident.

"Wrong answer y/n. You know I figured you were smart enough to not lie to me." He backed up a little and stared at me.

"I want to play a game love. Do you want to play?" He asked eyes burning holes into me, keeping me in place.

I wanted to run but something stopped me. Even after everything he said I wanted, no NEEDED to hear more. I knew there was some truth to his words.

So I simply nodded and watched a smile creep on his face.

"Good."