Seven

COLADA||

COLADA||

"So, what's your next move?" James looked at me. "There's a Gala being hosted 2 weeks from now. It's the one time where everyone has to 'play nice' at least for a little bit. Most of the people that are going are looking for companies to take over or a partnership."

"And to check out their competition," James smiled. "Exactly, that's why we're going." "Is Angela going?" "No, just you and Val. I can't trust you and Angela in the same room." "That's not fair," he pouted. "Life isn't fair, you're dismissed."

•••

*2 weeks later*

SCARLETT||

"What's our next move, boss?" They all smiled. "The Gala, it's tonight." Their eyes widened. "Don't look at me like that, it's going to be a calm night as long as everyone 'plays nice'." "At least for a little while," Grace spoke. "But why are we going?" Miles questioned.

"I need to know what I'm getting myself into, and I know that she wouldn't pass up going to an event." "So, this is a way for you to see her, huh?" Grace narrowed her eyes at me. "You two can talk about this later. Let's get ready," Ozias sighed.

•••

We've been getting ready for the past hour and Grace hasn't said anything to me. "Are you seriously not going to talk to me, Grace?" "Can you zip up my dress?" She looked at me in the mirror. I walked over to her. "Are you mad at me?" I zipped up her dress. "No, I just don't see why you want to see her. Especially after everything that happened last week," she turned to me.

She's right, why do I want to see the woman that has put me through so much pain? "It won't happen again, I'm focused now." "If you can tell me that after you see her tonight, I'll believe you." "Fine." "Good."

•••

COLADA||

"Are you ready for tonight?" Val walked in my room. "Of course." "Do you have a date, hmm?" He smiled. "No, I don't." "Not even Erica?" He raised an eyebrow. "Valentine go get the car ready," I sighed. "Fine, fine," he walked out.

"He's right, you know. That woman would get on her hands and knees for you if you asked." Angela chuckled as she walked over to me. "Angela, I'm not doing this with you tonight," I sighed. "Is it because you know I'm right?" "Hai cinque secondi(you have 5 seconds)!" "Ok, ok I'm leaving! Have fun tonight," she winked. "2!" She walked out.

"I can never get ready in peace."

•••