Nine

SCARLETT||

SCARLETT||

I was pacing back and forth in my office waiting for a message. I sent out some of my men to steal back a few packages for me, but I haven't heard back from them. My office doors opened.

"I haven't found anything yet, I'm sorry Scarlett," Grace walked over to me. "Ugh!" "It's fine, they're fine. You knew it wouldn't be that easy to get our packages back." "I know, I just-" My phone started to ring.

"Hello?" "Scarlett." "What do you want, Colada?" I said through gritted teeth. "I've already pissed you off and I haven't even told you what I want yet," she chuckled lightly. "Let's just say, I have some of your men here," I could feel her smirking. I put the phone on speaker. "Why do you have my men?" I kept my voice as calm as possible.

"They decided to take something from a friend of mine. She didn't appreciate it too much, so being the good friend that I am, I thought that I would take care of it for her." "Again, what do you want!" "They told me that they already dropped off the things at your warehouse. Go there and get back the packages for me, I'll send you the tracking numbers. Bye, bye." She ended the call.

Once she did, I got a text message with the tracking numbers. "We don't need tracking numbers, they're our packages!" Grace sighed loudly. "That's not important, she has our men. I don't give a damn about those packages," I grabbed my car keys.

"You're not going there by yourself, are you?" "I don't want to make a scene, not today. I'll be back in a bit, tell Ozias that I left," I walked out.

•••

COLADA||

"See, I told you your boss would comply," I scratched my nails down his face. "She's going to kill you!" He grunted. "Oh, is that so?" I heard the door opening. "Spade, he wants to see you," James stood at the door. I sighed. "Keep an eye on these guys for me and take out this one's tongue, if he gets too slick out the mouth," I smiled as I walked out.

I walked up the stairs and out of the cellar. Val was waiting for me in the living room, tapping his foot on the wooden floor. "I knew I would find you here," Val's eyes narrowed. "I mean this is where we handle most of our business," I shrugged and took a seat on the couch.

"Why do you have Scarlett's men here?" "Erica's shipment went missing. She told me who did it, I told her I'd take care of it." "And you believed her, just like that?" "Yes, and those men confessed after some convincing," I smirked. He sighed. "What? I didn't leave them too bruised, they'll heal."

"As much as you say, you care about Scarlett. You'd still turn around and hurt her." "Val-" "I don't want to hear it. Let them go, Colada." "Fine," I got up.

•••

Val took me back to the office after I let Scarlett's men leave. I sent her a location so she would know where to find them. My office doors opened, Sydney stood at the door with her coat over her shoulders.

"Are you sure you don't need anything before I go?" She looked at me. "I'm sure, have a nice night Sydney," I smiled. "Good night, Ms. Heart," she smiled back and closed the doors behind her.

My office phone started to ring. "Hello?" "Colada." "Scarlett," I smiled. "I'm tired of playing games with you, tell me why you're back all of a sudden?" She said with a stern tone. "I love it when you're serious." "Colada." "Fine, fine. Join me for dinner tomorrow and I'll tell you."

"I'm not having dinner with you." "Then I guess you don't want to know what I want then? Hm?" She sighed deeply. "What time?" "Seven? At our normal place." "I'll see you then." She hung up.

•••

SCARLETT||

The time passed by quickly today. It was already time for me to meet Colada for dinner. Ozias already told me that this is a bad idea, but I want answers.

"Have you lost your mind!" Grace walked in my room and closed the door behind her. "No. I would like to think that I'm mentally stable....Somewhat," I smiled. "After everything, you're really going to sit down and have dinner with her?" Her eyebrows furrowed.

"Grace, I just want to know what she wants, then I'll leave," I walked over to her. "What she wants? Isn't it clear? She decided to make your life a living hell for four fucking years!" "You're not changing my mind, I'm going whether you like it or not," I placed a light kiss on her cheek before I walked out.

•••

I was surprised to know that Colada remembered our favorite place. "We've arrived. Enjoy your night, Ms. Hanson," my driver spoke. "Thank you," I got out of the car.

As I started walking up to the restaurant, I realized it wasn't crowded. This is one of the best restaurants in the city, it's always packed. I walked in, the hostess greeted me and walked me over to Colada and I's usual table.

There she was sitting down with an amused look on her face. I sat down. "You bought out the place for the night?" I looked at her. "Yes." "Why?" "I wanted to be alone with you." The waitress came over with our regular orders and drinks.

"Colada-" "No, no. Dinner, then we can talk." I sighed. If it wasn't for the piano playing, it would've been complete silence as we were eating. The night seemed to be moving slowly.

I took a sip of my strawberry daiquiri, the light fruity and refreshing taste calming my nerves. I looked at her, I could simply just read her mind if I wanted to. See exactly what she wants, why she wants it, but her mind is closed off to me, she has her guard up.

"Trying to read my mind?" She met my gaze. "Can you just tell me what you want?" "I want a lot of things, Scarlett." Her eyes darkening. "But right now, I want one night," she sipped her wine. "What?" I said lowly. "I want one night with you," she repeated but it was echoing through my mind.

"Stay out of my head," I got up. "I can't when you make it so easy," she got up and pulled me towards her. Her arms wrapping around my neck. "Why is it so easy?" She whispered in my ear. I wanted to move away but I didn't. "I told you want I wanted, what's your answer?"

"Fuck. Off." I moved back. "Heh..." She smirked. "I'll give you a week to change your answer." "It will be the same." She moved closer to me, her hand resting on the back of my neck. "Look me in the eyes and tell me that." I looked at her. "My answer will be the same," I repeated. "Your heart still races when you lie," she placed a small kiss on my cheek.

"Good night, Scarlett."

***********

Hey my lil tea slxts ;)

It's been awhile but I'm back😌

Chapter thoughts?

Kisses~ Muah~