Eighteen

SCARLETT||

SCARLETT||

Four weeks....

Four weeks since that night and Colada hasn't said a word to me. We work in the same building and yet she's found every single way to avoid me.

I've held meetings since then, but Valentine has been going in her place. I tried to talk to her after work, but she makes sure to leave before then. I have half the mind to storm into her office and ask her why she's doing this. The other half wants to leave her be.

I'm tired of this....and yet I'm still here. I already took over her business, why not continue?

•••

COLADA||

Four weeks....

I've been avoiding Scarlett for four weeks. I don't want to, but I can't look her in her eyes right now and explain why I wanted a moment with her.

It was a moment of weakness. That's it, nothing more....

I'm surprised that she hasn't walked in my office yet. A part of me wants her to and the other half hopes she lets this go. We can go back to hating each other, even though we know that's a lie.

Everyone else can see it and we can't. I wish I could act like I haven't ruined her life for four years straight, but I can't. A part of her still hates me for that, I can feel it. Then everything stops when we-

My office doors flew open. Erica Carter-

"What's this about now, Erica?" I leaned back in my chair and crossed my right leg over the other. "I've given you enough time to come and talk to me and you haven't," she spoke.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. "We talked four weeks ago and yet that conversation seems like a dream. I'm going to ask you this one time. Did you compel me, Colada?"

Yes, yes I did.

"And why would I do that?" I raised an eyebrow. "Answer the question." Erica's eyes flickered. "Are you threatening me right now, Erica?" "No, but we're going to get there if you don't tell me what you did." She said bluntly.

"So, what if I did compel you...for what reasons would I do that, huh? We had an argument, and we made up. What else do you want me to say?" I sat up in my chair. She looked pissed off and I couldn't help the smile that came over my face.

"You think this is funny?" She scoffed. "Yes, I do. You came into my office all riled up. I can't tell whether it's because you're a wolf or you're just too arrogant. I find it funny that you think I'd waste my time and compel you." I smiled.

Her head tilted to the side, her blue eyes gleamed and I couldn't tell if she was going to hurt me, or she was holding back from doing so. "Do you want to hurt me, Erica?" I got up and walked to the front of my desk. "Did I hit a weak spot, hm?" I leaned back against my desk.