CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

BRYLE'S POV

A month has passed, and I don't know if it's a great thing or not but my dreams — or nightmares — have already ended. There's still some pain here and there whenever I remember her face, name, or even her likes, but it's not as painful as I have experienced before.

My lips formed a small smile on their own. Looks like I really am moving on little by little, Tine. But even if I'm happy with what's happening to me, I still could not help myself worry about her well-being. I also hope that she's doing better now. Mahina naman akong natawa. And I still could not help myself care about her.

"Bryle, apo, ayos ka lang ba?" I blinked numerous times before I looked at my grandma who seemed to be walking in front of me.

I nodded my head. "Yes po. I just remembered something." And I still can't remove her completely from my system.

"Si Randle ba?" I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard her say that name.

Now that she was mentioned, I just noticed that I did not see nor heard anything from her for a month now. It was like she did not exist at all. Honestly, if it wasn't for my grandparents, I would have completely forgotten her. So where is she anyway?

"Apo? Ayos ka lang ba? Bakit ga tulala ka riyan? Narinig mo ga ang tanong ko?" Sunod-sunod ang tanong ni lola na hindi ko naman nasagot lahat.

"Narinig po kita," I simply answered back. Tumango lang naman siya at nag-aalalang tiningnan ako pero hindi naman na muling nagsalita at dumiretso na sa paglalakad. As for me, I sat comfortably on the sofa and went back to my cloud of thoughts.

How is Kristine?

What the hell is Jairo planning to do?

Are they still going to end up together?

Why do I feel like a part of me wants to but there's also a part of me that doesn't want them to end up happily together?

I shook my head. I never knew I'd be this bitter. After maybe an hour of satisfying my mind, I decided to walk outside the bungalow and towards the shore. I noticed that the sun was actually about to set and that made me think of how long I have been stuck inside the house.

I don't know why but I think it has something to do with wanting to see or hear something but I know it won't happen so I avoid it instead.

I let out a sigh and sat on the stone bench. I was too focused on the sunset when I felt a presence beside me. I was about to ignore it when I heard the person's voice. "The sunset is beautiful, isn't it?"

I quickly turned my head in her direction. The shock was written on my face. I don't know why but I blinked thousands of times just to confirm that it was indeed her beside me.

I then saw her chuckle softly before facing me. "Don't worry, it doesn't mean anything else," she explained before facing the dark sky. "Hay. Nakaka-miss din pa lang panoorin ang paglubog ng araw."

I cleared my throat and forced myself to turn back to the view. We were quiet for quite some time before I heard something. I glanced shortly at the person beside me and saw her turning off an alarm. She let out a heavy sigh before moving as if she was about to stand up. Unfortunately...

"Why... are you holding... my hand? You need something?" she asked, gone with the smile, chuckle, and soft expression on her face, and back to the cold one.

I quickly let go of her hand. Why did I do that? "I... I..." I cleared my throat. "Where are you going?"

She tilted her head a little to the side and put both of her hands inside her pockets. "Why ask?"

I don't know. "Mind if I accompany you?" What now, Juarez‽

Randle looked at me as if I said something dumb. "Yes, I would mind."

She was about to turn her back again on me when my mouth moved on its own. "W-Where were you these past weeks?"

I noticed how she stilled for a moment before she began walking away as if she heard nothing. It made me let out a sigh. Why do I feel like I'm bothered?

Maybe because she told me she liked me but doesn't do anything for me to like her back?

Or because I knew that if I was in her shoes, I would do something to earn that person's interest, attention, or admiration. Just like what I did when I liked Tine. I tried to do my best until she says that she's not really and ever will be interested in me.

I let out a sigh. We're two different people. I should not have compared us in any way, especially when it comes to our feelings. I shook my head and took my phone out of my pocket. It was already six thirty-five. I think her alarm was just around six-thirty. Now I wonder why she has that. Curfew? I shook my head once again.

I stayed there until six forty-five before I decided to go back home. Lolo was the first person I saw when I came in. "Oh, pinanood mo ang paglubog ng araw?" I nodded my head. "Kasama mo na ulit si Randle?"

I somehow froze at his question. He saw us? Well, that's not impossible. I showed him a small smile before I nodded my head. "Nagkataon lang po."

It was his turn to smile, a teasing one that is. "Ikaw ba'y wala pa talagang balak magkanobya?"

I knew it. I shook my head. "Hindi po muna sa ngayon."

He slowly nodded his head, still with the teasing glint in his eyes. "Sige... sabi mo eh." He shook his head, chuckled, and walked to the dining area.

It was dinner time and we all shared a meal like how we used to for months now. I could also feel myself getting closer and closer to my grandparents, in which I sometimes wish that it would always be this way.

The next morning was uneventful. I did my normal daily routine, listening to music as I watched the sunrise, then I went to eat breakfast with my grandparents and spent my morning inside the house. I thought it was going to be a normal one until I left the house and heard a commotion near the shore.

Hindi naman sana ako makikigulo kung hindi ko lang nakita nang saglit ang taong halatang namimilipit sa sakit at biglang bumagsak sa buhangin.

Automatically, my body moved and went to assist and carry Randle away from the people and into my grandparents' house.