CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

BRYLE'S POV

"Take a deep breath, and calm down. You got this," I said, trying to make myself calm as I stare at my reflection. I'm now wearing the blue tuxedo I got from the shop and my hair looked fine already.

Nasa sala ako, hinihintay na matapos ang pag-aayos kay Randle. We still have a quarter before the charity ball begins. Alam kong kinakabahan si Randle, pero hindi ko naman in-expect na pati ako ay kakabahan.

I'm already used to other people — to audiences. But Randle made me feel nervous and excited for tonight. Technically, simple lang naman ang gagawin ko. A-attend ng ball, isasayaw siya sa slow dance, at ipapakilala sa mga magulang ko dahil iyon ang kapalit for making this event possible in short notice.

"You look fabulous, Miss. You don't have to be shy or nervous about it." Napalingon naman ako sa direksyon ng nagsalita. It was the hairstylist coming out of her bedroom.

"Opo nga, Miss. Bagay na bagay rin po sa inyo yung makeup, since hindi ko rin naman tinodo dahil mas maganda sa inyo ang mala-natural pero shimmering look." It was the makeup artist that then left the room.

Nakabukas ang pinto ng kwarto at kitang-kita ko mula sa heels na suot niya paakyat sa gown na suot niya, hanggang sa mukha at buhok niya. Para siyang nag-slow mo at tanging siya lang ang nakikita ko. She had this nervous smile on her face, which made my breathing a little more difficult than it already was.

"Oh! Pak! Tulaley ang date niyo, Miss."

"Gandang-ganda sa inyo si Sir oh."

Randle then slowly turned her head in my direction and gave me a tight smile. "What do you think?"

"Make me yours."

We both blinked numerous times. "What?"

Stup*d, Bryle! "I-I mean you're a goddess. You look beautiful."

She rolled her eyes before shaking her head with a small smile on her nude shade lips. "Thanks. You too." I felt my breathing hitched. "Let's go?"

I took a deep breath, calming myself before smiling at her. "Yeah, let's go."

"OMG! Bagay na bagay sila."

"Sinabi mo pa."

I just shook my head upon hearing those as I guide Randle out of the hotel room. I offered my hand and I was glad that she accepted it. Her hand was soft against mine, and honestly, it felt perfect.

"So... Excited? Nervous?" I asked her while we were both inside the elevator. She still wasn't letting go of my hand, and I was thankful for it.

Randle took a deep breath. "Both, yeah... This will be a memorable experience." She then turned her head in my direction and smiled. "I don't think I can thank you enough because of this. Hindi lang dahil sa biglaang ball na nagawa mo, kundi para sa charity for the cancer patients. I am grateful on their behalf."

I softly squeezed her hand that was on mine. "We'll make your remaining months as happy as possible, hmm? Ain't that the goal in the first place?" All of a sudden, I felt my chest getting heavy at that thought. I almost forgot about that.

She let out a soft smile as she looked at the elevator door. "Yeah. Make the most out of it."

Ilang saglit kaming natahimik. I wanted to ask her about considering the treatment to make her life extend even a little longer when the elevator door finally opened.