CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX

BRYLE'S POV

"Kumusta na ang pakiramdam mo, iha?" I heard my grandma ask. She was putting rice on Randle's plate.

Halata namang naiilang si Randle sa pinaggagagawang pag-intindi ni lola sa kaniya pero ngiti na lang ang ibinibigay niya rito. "Mas okay naman na po. Pwede na nga rin po akong umuwi eh."

I heard my grandpa chuckle. "Pagpasensyahan mo na, iha. Masyado mo kasing pinag-alala si Bryle eh."

I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow. Seriously? I saw Randle shake her head. "Sorry po, pero okay na okay naman na ho ako ngayon."

Napatango naman sina lolo't lola saka muling nagtanong. "Ano ga nangyari sa 'yo?" Lola opened up the topic that I didn't.

I saw how the woman froze for a second as if she was uncomfortable, but she was quick to coverr it up for my grandparents to see it. Randle smiled as if she found something funny. "Nakakahiya man pong aminin pero nagkamali ho kasi ako ng hakbang, ayun ho. Nahulog doon sa kinatatayuan ko po, tapos plakda. Mali pa ho yung pagkakahulog ko kaya masakit ho yung tama."

Hindi ko napansing huminto pala ako sa pagkain kung hindi pa nagsalita si lolo. "Bryle, iho, kalma lang. Baka naman matunaw si Randle niyan," he teasingly said.

I saw how she turned her head in my direction and raised an eyebrow. I quickly explained. "I wasn't staring. I was just thinking of something."

Both of my grandparents were softly laughing. They obviously did not believe me. I don't even believe myself.

I knew I was staring at her, but I was also deep in thoughts. It was obvious that she was lying, but I don't want to ask her since she surely has a reason and we're not that close for her to tell me that.

"Bakit ga mapula 'yang pisngi mo, apo?" lola asked. Both of my grandparents' attention then diverted to me. And here I thought they wouldn't notice.

"Language, woman—"

"Language ka nang language, sinabi nang English nga. Anong gusto mo? Filipino? Edi T*ngin*ng 'yan. Ang gulo mo kausap. Puny*mas na 'to—"

My body moved quickly, and without me thinking, I crashed my lips on hers to make her stop speaking profanities.

Both of our eyes were widely open. Both were blinking non-stop. Both were frozen until Randle pushed me and the next thing I know, she slapped my cheek.

I honestly couldn't blame her for my red and in pain cheek. I was even thankful that she did that. I was so disrespectful and disappointed with myself.

"Bryle?" It was my grandpa's voice. Clearly, I spaced out.

"That'll be my fault," I heard Randle's voice, so I looked at her, puzzled with what she's planning to tell them. "May nakita ho kasi akong lamok tapos hinabol ko't planong patayin. Tapos dumapo ho sa pisngi ng apo niyo so automatic pong gumalaw ang kamay ko't malakas na sinampal 'yung lamok." She even let out an embarrassed laugh.

Parehong natawa na lang ang dalawang matanda saka naiiling na tumuloy sa pagkain. Napatingin naman ako kay Randle na saktong masama pala ang tingin sa akin. Nahihiyang yumuko na lang ako saka tumuloy sa pagkain.

We continued our lunch until Randle insists on walking home. I tried convincing her that she might still not be fine and I offered my assistance but, of course, she rejected my offer. So I tried a different approach and went to my grandparents.

"Aba'y hindi kita palalabasin ng pamamahay ko kung hindi ka magpapahatid sa apo ko," grandma said. She had this playful threatening tone which made Randle chuckle.

"Okay naman na talaga ako, La eh. Saka masyado na ho akong makakaistorbo niyan."

Umiling naman si lolo. "Ihahatid ka ni Bryle gamit ang sasakyan namin dyan. Para na rin hindi pa ulit sumakit 'yang binti mo."

Randle genuinely smiled at my grandparents as she shook her head. "Opo na. Magpapahatid na po." My grandparents smiled as they were pleased with her answer. As for me, I just want to talk to her and apologize for my sudden movement, and to make sure that she comes home unscathed.

.Once settled inside my grandfather's car, I faced her. "I'm sorry."

She let out a sigh and stared at the gate in front of us. "Whatever. Gusto ko na lang umuwi," she answered in a bored tone.

I nodded my head and start the engine. "Look, I did not know that I would do that. Nabigla lang din ako—"

"I really don't give a f*ck. It's already done so get over it."

She seemed unbothered, which bothers me. "Are you mad? You can tell me. And this time, you can curse nonstop, I'll accept."

Randle groaned and glared at me. "Just shut the f*ck up, okay? Don't bring it up. Mas nakakairita."

I let out a heavy sigh. Yep, she hates me now. I'm such a j*rk. I planned to keep silent to avoid pissing her off more, but then I realized that I don't know where she lives. "Where... should I go?"

I heard her tsked before giving me the instructions. I nodded my head and was about to keep quiet again when I heard her whisper something.

"Bw*set na 'yan. 'Yung first kiss ko." Parang lugong-lugo pa ang boses niya habang sinasabi iyon.

Slowly, my eyes widened in shock. "T-That was your first kiss?"

She turned her head and glared at me as if she wants me dead. "'Wag ka ngang chismoso. T*ng in*ng 'yan." I did not know why but slowly, a smile formed on my lips as I keep my eyes on the road. "Anong nginingiti mo riyang magnanakaw ka?"

I chuckled and shook my head. "Nothing. Don't worry, I'll do it properly next time."

Nilingon ko pa siya para makita ang reaksyon niya, and as expected, pinaniningkinitan na niya ako ng mga mata. "What do you mean properly next time?"

I puckered my lips and laughed out loud when profanities after profanities flew out of her mouth. "Napaka-g*go mo. Bw*set. T*ng in*. F*ck you."

I think if I wasn't driving, she could've punched me. I bet that'll hurt. I laughed again at that thought.

Nang makarating na kami sa tapat ng bahay na itinuro niya ay sinamaan niya lang ako ng tingin saka nagsalita nang makitang lalabas ako ng kotse. "'Wag ka nang bababang puny*mas ka. Lumayas ka na sa paningin ko bago pa kita ipakulam."

I didn't feel threatened or scared of her words. It was actually fun to see her like that. I don't know why but I found myself amused. "Right, right. Take care. See you tomorrow?"

Binuksan niya ang pinto ng kotse saka bumaba at sinamaan pa lalo akoo ng tingin. "Mukha mo tomorrow." She closed the car door and walked towards the house.

I observed how she walked and it seemed to me that she felt better now so I felt relieved. I started the engine again and drove back to my grandparents' house.

When I got there, lola immediately approached me. "Kay Randle ata ito. Naiwan niya sa kwarto tapos nag-ri-ring kanina pa."

I nodded my head. "Ako na pong mag-aabot sa kaniya." Lola patted my shoulder before she walked towards their bedroom and went inside.