CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

BRYLE'S POV

Bucket list: Perform a song in a cafe.

It's our final day here in Japan and we both agreed to spend it indoors. Tatlong araw din naman kasi kaming hindi nag-usap kaya hindi namin na-enjoy ang buong cabin. Honestly, ngayon lang namin napansin na may cabinet na puno ng board games and DVDs ang lugar na iyon eh.

"So... movies or board games?" I heard her ask from the living area.

I was busy finishing up our lunch while preparing the drinks. "Whichever you want."

My attention was focused on what I'm cooking when I suddenly felt arms wrapping around my waist. I froze for a second, before a soft smile formed on my lips. "I seriously envy your cooking skills," Randle softly mumbled.

I chuckled at her words before I turned off the stove. "I can teach you if you want."

Naramdaman ko naman ang pag-iling niya. "I'm satisfied with you cooking for me." Her words made my smile grow bigger. "I like you cooking for me."

Ngayon lang siya naging ganito kalambot, ka-clingy, at ka-sweet, so I can't risk teasing her. This might not happen again. I just turned my body to face her and cupped her face. "And I'm willing to cook for you anytime you want me to, hmm?"

She cutely looked at me and nodded her head before leaning her face against my chest. "You're making me like you again."

I carefully caressed her hair with a teasing smile on my lips. "Just like?"

As expected, she pulled away and glared at me. "Let's go. I'm hungry."

Sinagot ko na lang siya ng mahinang tawa saka sumunod na lang sa kaniya. We both set up the table and ate our lunch. Mabilis lang din kaming kumain dahil gusto na niyang sulitin ang ilang oras na nandito kami.

"Chess," she firmly said while seriously staring at me.

I tilted my head a little to the side. "Sure." We were both sitting on the floor — a pillow that is — and on the small table between us, Randle arranged the chessboard and its pieces.

Once done, Randle rubbed her hands together and acted as if she was stretching — as if the game of champions na ang gagawin namin, and I can't help but find her cute. "Game."

We finally started the game and as we played longer, Randle's face became darker and darker. "You still okay?" I tried my best to stop myself from laughing so hard.

Pakiramdam ko ay bigla akong sinaksak dahil sa uri ng tingin niya. "Let's watch a movie instead." She tried so hard to stay calm before standing up and was about to leave when I held her hand and pulled her to me. She ended up sitting on my lap. "Bryle!"

Before she could leave, I quickly wrapped my arms around her waist and put my head on her shoulder. "Let's stay like this even for a short while, hmm?"

She finally stopped moving and maybe already gave up. Slowly, I felt her arms wrapping around me and her head placed on my shoulder. "Aren't you scared?"

"Of what?"

"Of getting hurt once I die. Honestly, I'm willing to accept it if you tell me that you're only like this because we've been spending months together and because you knew about my condition. Because I don't know... maybe you're pitying me? Making sure that I'll be very much happy even though it's all just an illusion?" She took a deep breath. "Bryle, it's okay. It's okay if you really don't love me and just want to please me—"

"Hey... I know it might not be easy to trust my feelings for you, so just let me show you, hmm? I know I point out to you that you're hurting me because you're invalidating my feelings because you might be having a hard time. But Randle, I love you and it's true. I don't know when and how it began but I really do." I buried my face in her neck. "I love you so much and I wouldn't get tired of saying it to you again and again."

I felt her hug getting a bit tighter, which made me feel a lot more secure. "Thank you. Thank you for loving me."

We stayed in that position for minutes, until we finally decided to clean our things and pack out stuff. Para naman isang oras bago ang flight ay nasa airport na kami.

We both decided to sleep during the flight at tamang kain lang kada magigising. After more or less five hours, we finally landed in the Philippines, Batangas to be exact. "Come on. Antok pa ako, and hungry as well."

Napailing naman ako saka mahinang natawa. I messed up her hair before kissing her on her cheek. "Okay, let's go to your place, pero mag-drive thru muna tayo para sa dinner natin."

Tumango lang naman siya saka kami sabay na naglakad palabas ng airport. There's already a car waiting for us, courtesy of Mom and Dad. "Kailan natin pupuntahan sina Lolo at Lola?" she asked once we're both settled inside the car.

I started the engine and drove away from the airport. "Well, pwede namang bukas na lang. Before tayo pumunta sa cafe para sa second to the last bucket list mo." I took a glance at her to see her nodding her head.

We ended our day inside her house, in her room, on the same bed. She gave me her consent to sleep beside her, I don't want to lose her trust in me and I respect her so much to the point that we only cuddled each other to sleep.

And to be honest, I felt so lucky to be able to sleep and wake up beside her. "Hey... Good morning, ma chérie." I gave her a kiss on her forehead while her eyes flutter open.

"Hmm... Mornin'." I thought she was going to sit up and leave the bed but I guessed wrong because she moved closer to me and buried her face in my chest. "What time is it, cariño?"

I felt my breathing hitched and my body freeze. "Honey?"

I felt her nod once. "You call me darling, I have the right to call you honey," she mumbled.

Napangiti naman ako saka sinuklay ang buhok niya. "Okay then. Come now, we're still going to visit our grandparents."

Randle pulled away. "Our grandparents?" She even let out a chuckle.

"Mmm-hmm. So let's go now. Mauna ka nang maligo, I'll prepare our breakfast first." I kissed the top of her head again before leaving the room and going to the kitchen.

An hour later, we were finally in my grandparents' house and as expected, they flooded us with questions regarding our trip to Japan and, of course, our relationship status. And honestly, I felt my heart beating so fast when Randle answered, "Dating po."

Once my grandparents got tired of asking us, Randle and I bid our goodbyes and went to the nearest cafe that lets the customer perform. "Oh, kayo na ang bahala ha? Enjoy performing!" The cafe owner gave us a warm smile and left.

I saw Randle took a deep breath and breathe out. "Ngayon lang ako kinabahan," natatawang sabi niya sa akin.

I reached for her hand and gently squeezed it. "Don't worry, you'll do amazingly great. You always do."

Napangiti naman siya saka pinagsiklop ang mga kamay namin. "How about let's do a duet?"

"Are you sure? I don't want to steal your spotlight," I jokingly said.

Randle rolled her eyes but still with a smile on her face. "Come on. Let's do a duet." She then pulled my hand and we both went to the mini stage.

I did the greeting since Randle seemed shy about it. "Good afternoon, everyone. I do hope you're enjoying your food and we hope you'll enjoy this special number from my special someone." I looked at her and winked, causing some people to tease us. As usual, she rolled her eyes before shaking her head. I face the crowd again. "So anyway, here it is."

I faced her again and saw her nod her head, her eyes were not leaving mine as she sang the first lines. "Lift your head... Baby, don't be scared... of the things that could go wrong along the way."

I then followed her. "You'll get by... with a smile... You can't win at everything, but you can try."

We then sang together and everything felt perfect. And I just wished it would always be like this