CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE

BRYLE'S POV

Nilingon ko naman si Randle, and the only reaction I got was a shrug. "Would you mind telling me how long I still have?" she asked in a monotonous tone as if she really doesn't care at all that it's cancer they're talking about.

The doctor let out a heavy sigh. "Your condition worsened, and I'm sorry to tell you that you only have months, based on your results. Halos wala na tayong magagawa pa, Ms. Miñoza, unless you accept the treatments—"

"Nah." She even waved her hand nonchalantly. "At least I got months to spare." Wala naman an akong nagawa kundi alalayan si Randle nang magpumilit itong umupo sa kama. "So can I leave now?" Walang emosyon ang mukha niya habang nagtatanong sa doctor.

Seriously? Just like that? "Randle—"

Tinapunan niya naman ako ng tingin. "Alam mo na kung anong kondisyon ko. Oksies na? I wanna go home. Hindi pa ako naghahapunan."

Nakita ko namang napailing ang doktor. "If you really don't want to take the treatment, you can leave now. As much as I want to save a patient, if they don't want to cooperate, then nothing will happen." Seryoso niyang tiningnan si Randle. "Especially if it's you, Ms. Miñoza."

Ibinalik ko ang tingin kay Randle. She rolled her eyes before pointing at the IV on her. "Would you mind?"

Muling napailing ang doktor saka ginawa ang sinasabi ni Randle. "I'm not telling your mom about this, but seriously, Randle, talk to her. She's worried sick," he whispered, but I could clearly hear them.

And without me knowing, dumidilim na ang paningin ko. They seemed close. I merely growled to remove the annoying feeling. But I think that caught their attention as they both looked at me.

Mahina namang natawa ang lalakeng doktor. "I'm just a friend, not a threat. I'm her best friend's boyfriend, Dr. Billy Hopper."

I cleared my throat. "Bryle Juarez."

Nakita ko naman si Randle na wala pa ring emosyon ang mukha. She stretched out her arms when the doctor finally removed the IV connected to her. "Tara na. Gutom na talaga ako." She even almost jumped out of the bed and flatly looked at me. "You're not telling anyone about this, okay?"

I just nodded my head, still a bit confused about her actions. For a cancer patient, she's... definitely not affected at all. "The doctor said to call your mom." Natigilan naman ako nang mapansin ko ang tonong ginamit ko.

The man between us chuckled again. "That's why he seemed familiar." I knew he was talking about me but he faced Randle. "The man that Leah's been talking about."

Randle just glared at him. "Stop f*cking talking. You're annoying," she hissed. Another profanity.

The doctor just smiled. "I suggest that you spend your remaining months... happy," he said teasingly, before leaving the room.

Akmang tatanungin ko si Randle kung sigurado pa ba siyang hindi siya mananatili sa ospital dahil sa kondisyon siya nang makita ko siyang palabas na ng kwarto. Ni hindi niya ako nilingon para ayaing lumabas. She just left me.

I shook my head and jogged to walk beside her. "Are you sure you won't stay?"

"You're not the first one to ask that, and definitely not gonna be the last." Naglalakad siya na para bang wala siyang iniindang sakit kanina.

I just let out a heavy sigh and tried to understand her choice. Nang makarating kami sa sasakyan ay pumwesto siya sa passenger seat at inabot ko naman ang phone niya. "Here you go. You left this at home."