CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN

BRYLE'S POV

Bucket list: Get a tattoo

"So... Any idea which tattoo you would like to have?" I asked her as we both got in the car. Nakapagpaalam na ako kela Lola at Lolo. Even my parents knew about what I'm about to do for the next few months. I gave them a call this morning, asking for a favor.

Napansin ko namang may hawak-hawak siyang polaroid camera. "I was planning to have a sun and a star tattoo."

Napatango naman ako saka binuhay ang makina. "A sun, huh?" I remember her words, referring to me as her sun. I couldn't help the smile that escaped my lips.

Hindi naman siya kaagad sumagot kaya nilingon ko siya, only to see her glaring at me. "Yes, a sun. What's the smile for?"

I shook my head. "Nothing." Our road trip then began. I already searched for the places to get a tattoo when she told me about the first thing on her bucket list this morning.

Randle was just silent as she caressed her notebook of bucket lists with a soft smile on her face. Nang makita ko iyon kanina bago siya sunduin ay para bang gets ko na kung ano ba talaga ang notebook na iyon. It seemed to be like a scrapbook or something, perhaps a diary.

Hindi ko naman nang napigilang basagin ang katahimikan. "So... You're allowed to get a tattoo?" She did not answer so I talked again. "I mean... your condition... you think it's okay—"

"Sh*t!" I blinked thrice before glancing at her. Did I say something wrong? "You're d*mn right. I did not think about that."

Binagalan ko ang pagpapatakbo hanggang sa itinabi ko iyon sa isang gilid. I then faced her. "So, what's your plan now?"

Randle seemed devastated by the sudden realization. And weirdly, I found her expression adorable, which made me smile. "Paano na 'yan? Unang bucket list pa lang epic fail na agad." Why does she look cute? I almost jumped in my seat when she looked at me. "May naisip ako."

"Hmm?"

Bigla siyang ngumisi. "Temporary tattoo. I know there's something like that. It lasts for a week or something, I think."

"Henna tattoo?" She looked like a kid when she nodded her head, still with a grin on her lips. I chuckled at her adorable face. "Okay then. Our road trip continues."

Muli na naman kaming binalot ng katahimikan after that, so I decided to just turn on the radio and let the music take over the silence. We were quiet at first until a song played on the radio and I could hear Randle humming along to the melody.

"Go on. Sing. Don't be shy, ako lang 'to," I tried convincing her. Pansin ko namang saglit niya akong tinapunan ng tingin bago tumango.

"Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find that what you're looking for has been here the whole time!"

I chuckled and smiled because of her. She seemed free and it was a sight to see. Not to mention her voice, it sounded so pleasant, like she was having fun. I enjoyed her voice and it looked like she knew the next song when I heard her sing along again.

"Malapit na ba tayo? Nagsisimula na naman akong magutom," she said after singing almost three songs in a row.

I laughed at her words before pointing at the backseat. "Uminom ka muna ng tubig. You seemed dehydrated from that concert." I chuckled again. "May basket of foods din diyan sa likod. Lola made me bring some snacks."

Para namang nagliwanag ang mukha niya nang marinig ang salitang Lola. Mas napangiti naman ako habang iniisip na magaan ang loob niya kay Lola. "I need food!" magiliw niya pang sabi na ikinatawa ko na lang.

I know that whenever I'm with her, I seem to be in a happy mood. Yes, I get irritated sometimes, especially whenever she gets stubborn or speaks of profanities, but it's fine. I still feel lighthearted anyway.

"By the way, matagal pa ba?" she said, with her mouth full of banana chips. And she looked cute again.

I nodded my head, still with a smile. "Almost there, ma chérie."

"My darling?" I raised an eyebrow before slowing down to park the car. I did not expect her to understand that. "Hah! Kala mo 'di ko gets 'no?"

Napailing naman ako saka mahinang natawa. "Come on. Nandito na tayo." Nauna na akong bumaba para mapagbuksan siya ng pinto. "Let's get your sun and star."

I saw her shake her head before coming out of the car and walking beside me as we entered the shop. Pareho na kaming nakaupo at nag-aabang sa turn namin. Both of us are getting a henna tattoo and Randle did not know that I had decided to get one too. Honestly, I did not know that I'd do this too.

"Ikaw rin?" She even raised an eyebrow when she saw me sitting on the chair across from her. I nodded my head as I smiled. "Seriously?"

"Experience. Ako gagastos ah, dapat ako rin," pang-aasar ko na sinagot niya lang naman ng pag-ikot ng mga mata.

"Sir, ano pong napili niyong design?" I showed the tattoo artist what I wanted and he just nodded his head before proceeding to his work.

Ilang minuto lang naman ang itinagal ng akin, at mas nauna nang matapos si Randle dahil mas maliit ang tattoo na pinagawa niya.

She even took a peek at my tattoo. "A shield with a wolf design?" I just smiled at her. "Ba't naman 'yan?"

"Hindi ko naman na tinanong kung bakit 'yan ang napili mo ah," I shot back at her, only to receive a glare. Mahina naman akong natawa saka niyaya na siyang lumabas na ng shop. "So... first bucket list, complete?"

Doon lang siya napangiti saka kinuha ang polaroid camera niya sa shoulder bag niya. "I'll take a photo of it muna."

I quickly grabbed the camera from her and took a picture of us with the tattoos visible on our arms. "Ayan. Mukhang wala kang planong isama ako eh." Mahina naman akong natawa nang makita ko ang polaroid picture. "And you're glaring at me again. At least I have proof that you are very much mean to me." Nang-aasar na tiningnan ko naman siya. "Imagine, you like me, you confessed, and yet, you're mean—"

"Oh anong connect?" pagtataray niya naman na ikinatawa ko na naman.

"Shouldn't you be like... sweet to me or something?"

"F*cking hell?"

"Language, woman," saway ko naman.

"I will say what I want to say, whether it's sh*t, f*ck, p*t*ng in*—" I took a step towards her, cutting off her profanities.

I looked straight into her eyes and smirked. "One more profanity from you, and you'll regret it."

Randle composed herself and raised an eyebrow, matching my smirk as well. "As if I get easily threatened, Mr. Juarez." She took a step forward. Dahil mas matangkad ako sa kaniya ay nakatingala na siya sa akin. "I will say what I want to say, and you can't do anything about it," she said, almost as a whisper before leaving me inside the shop.