CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

BRYLE'S POV

Bucket list: Do scuba diving.

Day four in this country and ever since I confessed that night, Randle kept on avoiding me as much as possible. I mean at first, it looked impossible kasi nga kami lang naman ang magkakilala rito tapos nasa iisang cabin lang kami, but she made it happen throough a silent treatment.

She's acting as if I'm invisible and it's making me lose my mind!

I blocked her way to the living room. "Randle, please..." I looked close to begging big time already. "Please, talk to me."

As usual, her eyes never laid on me and she just looked straight ahead, no emotions seen on her face.

"I won't let you pass until you talk to me." Still, she did not look at me. "You can ignore me all you want, but I am not taking back my confession. I told you my feelings and they will not change. I love you whether you accept it or not," I firmly said.

And finally, she looked at me. "Then I won't accept it. The only reason why I'm here is that I can't f*cking go back home, and I can't f*cking ask you to cut this f*cking trip short 'cause you f*cking paid for this." 'Yung mga mata niya... This is the first time I could almost see the fire in them. As if she was really mad at me. "I f*cking told you, Bryle. I f*cking told you. Don't you dare fall in love with me. I don't want you to like me, and definitely, love me. Ano bang mahirap intindihin doon?" She almost screamed those words at me.

I stared at her, completely confused. "Didn't you think I tried doing that? I wanted to listen to you, and honestly, I didn't really want to like you. You're sarcastic, you cuss a lot, and you're a puzzle to me. You admitted you liked me and then you'll act as if you don't care about me. Your words and actions are irritating as hell, Randle, but those are some of the reasons why I liked you," I blurted out and held each side of her arms. "I didn't want to, Randle. I never planned this to happen, but I still ended up falling for you."

Ilang beses siyang umiling. "Hindi pwede, Bryle. Hindi pwede."

"Ano bang hindi pwede?"

She finally stopped shaking her head, but when she looked me straight into my eyes, I saw unshed tears. "Hindi mo 'ko pwedeng mahalin kasi masasaktan ka lang!"

I paused when she shouted those words. She said it like she knew it was going to happen whether we liked it or not because the universe said so.

"Alam mo naman ang tungkol sa kondisyon ko, diba? You knew f*cking well that I'll die soon. Isn't that the reason why we're doing this? Completing this bucket list? Traveling together?" Finally, her teas start falling.

"What's the fuss about that, Randle? You can accept the treatments, it would make you live longer—"

"That's just f*cking it, Bryle. I don't want to live longer. I'm sick and tired of all those f*cking treatments." She continued sobbing hard and all I could do was hug her and try to comfort her. "Pagod na ako, Bryle. Kung mamamatay ako, mamatay na lang ako. Ayoko na nang ganito."

"I'm sorry. I-I'm sorry. I'm here." My body moved on its own and I gave her a kiss on her forehead, hoping it might help calm her down. "I'm sorry."

"Please, Bryle, take it back. Y-You can't love me—"

"I can and I will, Randle. I will keep on loving you."

She shook her head. "I'll soon leave this world — I'll soon leave you. Masasaktan ka lang."

Bahagya ko siyang binitawan. I cupped her face and made her look at me. "And I'm willing to accept the pain. Sabi mo nga, diba? Alam ko ang tungkol sa kondisyon mo, therefore, I knew my ending and I really don't care as long as I get to love you." I looked deep into her eyes, wanting her to know that what I say is true.

Ilang saglit naman kaming natahimik saka na niya akong tinulak nang mahina palayo sa kaniy. "I... I need to breathe."

Hindi ko naman na siya pinigilan at pinanood ko na lang siyang lumabas muna ng cabin.

A day already passed by and she's still not talking to me. But now, I know the reason why. So I don't disturb her anymore or get crazy thinking about why she's ignoring me. I thought the day would end without her saying anything to me until finally, she opened her mouth. "Okay."

I raised my head and stared intently at her. "Okay?" We're currently at the dining table, having our dinner.

Randle finally looked at me and nodded her head. "Okay, if you're sure about loving me, I'll allow it. But don't you dare f*cking blame me if you get hurt—"

As swiftly as a fox, I went beside her and hugged her. "I won't. I swear, I won't." I hugged her a little tighter. "Thank you. I'll make you the happiest, I promise."

I suddenly felt her hugging me back. "Yeah, I'll be the happiest," she whispered, enough for me to hear.

Hindi ko naman na napigilan ang sarili kong mapangiti. Yeah, and I too am happy with you.

Another day passed and it was our sixth day and we scheduled scuba diving. We've already checked the best places to do the activity and finally settled on Miyako Island, Okinawa.

"You sure about this?" Randle's forehead creased at my question. "What?"

Napailing naman siya saka inabot ang kamay ko. "Technically, you've been holding my hand since we almost started this bucket list adventure. What's the matter with holding my hand now?"

I let out a sigh. "Because we're a couple now."

Mahina naman siyang natawa saka tuluyan nang hinawakan ang kamay ko. "Don't worry, we're still not a couple per se." She lightly squeezed my hand before letting it go, chuckling all by herself.

Natigilan naman ako saka ilang beses na napakurap. D-Did she just say that we're still not a couple? I quickly followed her to the boat and blocked her view. "We're... We're still not a couple?"

Randle looked amused while staring at me. She even let out a chuckle. "Bakit? Just because I'm dying sooner or later and the guy I liked confessed to me, I already and quickly need to have a boyfriend?" She laughed again. "Sorry to disappoint you, Bryle, but that's not me." Randle softly tapped my cheek before wearing the suit that we were required to put on.

Coming down from the shock that I just got from her words, I still ended up shaking my head with a smile on my lips. Yep, she really wouldn't be Randle if that happened quickly.

Sumunod na lang din ako sa kaniya sa pagsusuot ng suit saka nakinig sa guide namin. He was the first one to jump, then Randle, and then me. It was a great thing that there was someone staying on the boat who could still take photos of us.

We enjoyed watching and feeding the fishes, as we were amazed by the beautiful coral reefs. And, of course, the most beautiful sight for me to see was her eyes smiling while obviously adoring and enjoying the sea along with the creatures in it.

And seeing her like that? Just made me fall all over again.