CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

BRYLE'S POV

Bucket list: Attend a ball and do a slow dance.

"We had an SU Feest back in Manila. Didn't you attend the ball?" I just had to ask her, while reading the paper with her list on it.

Kasalukuyan niya namang idinidikit ang pictures sa notebook niya. "You liked Kristine that time, so I knew you'd ask her for a dance. I didn't want to see that so I spared myself some time, effort, and expenses." She seemed nonchalant about it.

She knew I would've asked Kristine. And I actually did... but I wasn't the dance partner she wanted.

"There. Pretty." Napatingin naman ako sa direksyon niya. She was smiling while looking at the notebook — scrapbook. It looked more like a scrapbook now. Nilingon naman ako ni Randle, wala na ang ngiti sa mga labi niya. "Anyway, don't mind that goal. Alam kong imposible 'yan. Unless nasa SU pa rin tayo, kasi yearly ang SU Feest."

I smirked at her before pulling out my phone from my pocket. "Nothing's impossible to me, ma cherie. Besides, I did tell you that we'll do everything on your bucket list." She creased her forehead, curious about what I'm saying before I dialed a number and called it. "Ma, is it ready?"

(Bryle, my son, don't you trust your mom?)

I let out a chuckle, which made Randle even more curious and confused. "We'll be there tomorrow. Ngayon pa lang po kami bibili ng damit eh."

I heard Mom let out a sigh. (If only I do not know the reason why your clothes would've been ready here by now.)

Napangiti naman ako sa narinig ko. "Thanks, Ma. I owe you a lot."

(Silly. I'm actually happy that you thought of this. Your dad is proud of you too.)

I looked straight into Randle's eyes. "Someone made me want to do it. I think you should be thanking her personally."

(Can't wait to meet her. Just call me when you're already in the city, okay?)

"Yes, Ma. Thanks. Love you." Randle raised an eyebrow, and I just chuckled.

(Love you too, son.)

When the call finally ended, I put back my phone in my pocket and started the engine. "Well then, let's shop for your dress for the ball."

She blinked numerous times. "S-Shop what? Ball?"

I grinned at her as I maneuvered the car out of the parking lot of the motel. "Yep. We'll be attending a charity ball for cancer patients. And yes, they'll be dresses, tuxes, and slow dances."

I glanced at her only to see her biting her lower lip, trying to stop her squeal. "Seryoso ba talaga? 'Di ka nagbibiro?" She looked really excited, making me smile. I think I did a great job.

I kept my eyes on the road. "I'm serious. No jokes here. We'll attend a ball."

I heard her breathe in and breathe out. "Kung hindi ka lang nagda-drive, nayakap na siguro kita."

I quickly looked for a safe place to park, which is on the side of the road, then I removed my seatbelt and faced her. "What are you waiting for?" I grinned at her.

Randle flatly looked at me. "Seryoso ka riyan?" I let out a chuckle but still nodded my head. "And you said I'm weird."

I raised both of my eyebrows. "I never said that."

"Your eyes did." She even let out a sigh and shook her head. "I changed my mind. Next time na lang."

Napailing na lang ako saka natawa bago muling isinuot ang seatbelt at pinaandar ang kotse. I have already planned about this since I first saw her bucket list. I have made sure to prepare a dress, especially made for her.