Chapter 2: [Y/N] and Nozomu! A Tragic Past

//Warning: Violence and death mentioned//
~~~

The feeling of a small tongue licking your nose awoke you from your slumber. Opening your eyes, you saw Nozomu sitting on your chest and licking your nose. Chuckling, you gently stroked her head. Nozomu purred.

"Hey there, Nozomu," you looked around. "It looks like we're in the sick bay." You said to yourself.

"You would be correct." A new voice said. You gasped and looked around. You looked to the door and saw the man you only saw in the anime. Marco the Phoenix. 'Wow. He is really cute in person.' You thought to yourself. Marco chuckled.

"There's no need to be frightened. You're safe now. You and your cat." Marco said. Nozomu turned around and sat down. She gave a meow, closing her eyes. Marco chuckled and walked over, holding out his hand. Nozomu have it a sniff before rubbing her head against it, purring. You smiled at the interaction. Marco looked at you. "Are you hungry?" He asked. Your stomach growled slightly and you chuckled, slightly embarrassed.

"I-I guess I am." You said. Marco held out his hand.

"Follow me. While we're getting food, I'll introduce you to the commanders as well as Whitebeard himself." He said. You smiled and took his hand, getting out of bed. Nozomu jumped and landed on your shoulder, giving your cheek an affectionate rub.

~~~

After introducing you to all of the commanders, Marco stopped in front of two men. Two men you knew well. Fire Fist Ace and Thatch.

"And these two idiots are Thatch and Ace. Thatch is the Fourth Division commander and Ace is the Second Division commander." Marco introduced. Thatch smiled and walked up. He took your hand in his own.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." He kissed the back of your hand, making you blush lightly. Ace rolled his eyes.

"Alright, enough with the flirtyness." Ace said, making you chuckle. You smiled at the two.

"It's wonderful to meet you both. My name is [Y/N] [L/N]," you gestured to Nozomu. "And this is my partner, Nozomu." Nozomu gave a small meow in greeting. Marco smiled. He looked at his two friends.

"You two want to join me in introducing [Y/N] to Pops?" Marco asked. Ace and Thatch looked at each other and shrugged.

"Sure, why not?" They said. With you in the middle, Marco and Thatch on your left and Ace on your right, you walked up to the legendary Pirate. Whitebeard himself. The four of you stopped in front of the gigantic man. He was much bigger in person. Whitebeard smiled down at you.

"Ah, it seems that the young person is awake I see." Whitebeard said. Marco nodded.

"This is [Y/N], Pops." He said. Whitebeard hummed.

"Well, feel free to get some food, [Y/N]. I'm sure you're hungrier than a sea king right now." He said, laughing. You chuckled.

"Thank you very much, Mr. Whitebeard." You said, bowing. Whitebeard looked shocked for a moment, before he through his head back in laughter, slapping his hand on his knee.

"GUAHAHAHA!" You stared at him in shock. Once he calmed down, Whitebeard smiled softly at you. "My child, there's no need for formalities. Just call me Pops." He said. You recovering from your initial shock, you smiled.