Chapter 13: Erumalu, The City of Green and the Kung-Fu Dugong!

A large group of people were walking towards the castle, where the King of Alabasta resided. The group was exhausted, tired of this ongoing war. Two guards raced down the palace steps, intercepting the group.
"Hold it! What business do you have here?" One of the guards asked, crossing their spears together.
"We have to see the King!" An older man demanded.
"We're dying out here! How much longer can this war go on?" A citizen asked.
"Between the war and the drought there's nothing to eat! Our crops and livestock are dead!" Another shouted. The group started to advance towards the guards.
"My baby needs milk! There must be some in the palace!" A woman, carrying her baby, shouted in desperation. The two guards tried their best to hold the citizens back.
"Stop pushing! I'm sorry, we can't let you through!" The guards shouted. All of the commotion caused the young baby to start crying in distress. Suddenly, the doors to the palace opened. The commotion stopped. The only sound that was heard was the crying of the baby. The King of Alabasta himself, Nefertari Cobra, walked out. The citizens of Alabasta stared up at the King in desperation. The silence was short lived as the citizens started shouting at the King.
"Are you just going to stand there?!
"And do nothing?!"
"And you call yourself a King!"
The guards glared at the angry crowd.
"Shut up! How dare you insult his Royal Highness!" One of the guards shouted.
"And their in their right! All of them!" Cobra shouted, sending the citizens and the guards into silence. Cobra walked down the steps. He closed his eyes in sadness. "I'm sorry," he said. "You've all had to put up with unbearable suffering because of my lack of strength, for that I apologize," Cobra said, opening his eyes. The citizens watched in silent shock. They hadn't expected this from their King. An apology. Cobra turned and gestured to the doors of the palace. "Those who wish to speak, please come inside the palace. Tell me of your struggles and I will listen. The only thing I can promise, is that I will share your suffering as if it were my own," Cobra said. "I ask that you endure a little more. Mark my words though, I will return peace to this kingdom. Even if it takes my life to do so." Cobra said. As the citizens walked up the steps and entered the palace, Cobra turned to look at the sky. The same sky that his daughter, Vivi, was hopefully traveling under, looking for answers to end the suffering of the kingdom she and her father loved. 'I hope you're alright, my dear. I wonder where you are right now, what you're doing at this very moment, Vivi.' Cobra thought, silently praying that his daughter was alright.
~~~
Vivi was sitting at a desk, a pen and paper out in front of her. Footsteps walking down caught her attention as she looked up. [Y/N] peaked their head in, giving the Princess a smile.
"Hey, Vivi. Sanji wanted me to tell you that the tea is ready, so come on up whenever you're ready." They said. Vivi smiled at them.
"Thanks, [Y/N]. I'll be right there." She said. [Y/N] smiled and nodded, walking back up to the main part of the ship. In the kitchen, Usopp and Luffy were playing with the rice balls that Sanji had made. Usopp had his index finger sticking through the middle of one, making it seem like the rice ball had a long nose.
"Ahoy there, matey! It is me, Captain Rice Ball Usopp!" Usopp made the rice ball approach the rice ball snow man that Luffy had made. The 'rice man' had olives for eyes, a sausage link for a nose, and two forks for arms, and a tin cup for a hat.
"I am Razi the Rice Man!" Luffy said. Suddenly, two pans were swung down onto the heads of the two pirates.
"Quit playing with our food, you damn numbskulls!" Sanji shouted. Ace and [Y/N] were sitting on the other side of the table, smiling at the chef, the sharpshooter and the captain of the Straw-Hat crew. "If you have some free time, then you can wash dishes! I could use some help since I have to pack all the food for the hike to Yuba." Sanji said. [Y/N] chuckled. Ace smiled.
"Let [Y/N] and I know if we can help." He said. Sanji smiled at Ace and [Y/N].
"No. You're our guests, so just sit back and relax. Thanks though." Sanji said, turning back to the sink to wash dishes. [Y/N] chuckled and smiled.
"Alright." [Y/N] said. Luffy and Usopp were knelt by a bucket, washing dishes. Sanji raced over to them.
"That's mop water, you idiots! We just used it to wash the deck!" Sanji shouted.
"Hmm?" The two hummed, looking up at the chef in confusion. [Y/N] sighed and got up, walking out to the deck. They looked around. Chopper was laying on one of the stairs, his eyes closed in content. Nozomu was curled up next to him, relishing in the cool breeze that chased away the heat for a while.
"Ah~ What a nice breeze." Chopper hummed. Zoro was standing next to the stairs, swinging a weight back and forth, grunting as he did. [Y/N] chuckled and walked over to the railing of the ship, looking out over the water. They sighed. [Y/N] and Ace had told the crew about their journey to hunt for Blackbeard. [Y/N] had also explained how they were 'born' with their powers and hadn't actually eaten a Devil Fruit, using the excuse as a way to not raise suspicion among the World Government, other pirate crews and the marines. [Y/N] closed their eyes.
'Raava, are you there?' They thought. The familiar voice of the Light Spirit that was assisting them responded,
'Yes, [Y/N]. I am here.'
'If I sent Nozomu somewhere, would she return to me, wherever I was?' [Y/N] asked.
'Yes. Nozomu is a creation of my own powers. As long as I am connected to you, she will return to you, no matter what the distance.' Raava said. [Y/N] nodded, their eyes still closed.
'Alright.'
Nami looked over at [Y/N].
"Hey, [Y/N], you okay?" She asked. [Y/N] opened their eyes and looked at Nami. They smiled and nodded.
"I'm just fine. I was just thinking about where Blackbeard is." They said, frowning slightly. Nozomu opened their eyes and walked over to [Y/N] leaping up and sitting on their shoulder. Nozomu tilted her head slightly.
"Mew?" She chirped. [Y/N] smiled at Nozomu, gently patting their guardian's head
"I promise I'm fine, Nozomu." They said. Vivi walked up the stairs, walking up to Nami.
"Nami, if you don't mind, I'd like to stop the ship here. It'll just be for a moment." She said. Nami turned and looked at the princess in confusion.
"Stop, what for?" Nami asked. Vivi smiled and turned to look at Karu.
"I have a very important mission for Karu." She said.
"Karu?"
Karu looked at Vivi.
"Waa?" He asked in confusion.
With the ship stopped, Usopp, Chopper, Nami, Luffy, Sanji and [Y/N] joined Vivi on land, Ace and Zoro staying on the ship. Vivi was standing in front of Karu, holding the piece of paper she had been writing on previously.