Chapter 5: You Are Family! I love you

"Why didn't you tell me?!"

"I wanted to tell you. Believe me, [Y/N]. I truly did."

"Then why didn't you?"

"I did not want to scare you."

"You didn't want to scare me?!" You scoffed. "I was scared shitless when I saw a man larger than me suddenly go rigid and move to my own will! Why didn't you tell me that blood-bending was part of my powers, Raava?" You asked. Raava sighed.

"There is something I have to confess to you." She said. You sighed.

"Oh great. Is it the fact that I can soul bend? Cause that would be great to know!" You shouted, your voice laced with sarcasm. Raava looked down. She knew that she had let you down and you had every right to be upset with her.

"The last person I made a contract with, I told her about the blood-bending. She became obsessed with the idea of bending others to their will by just their blood. She abused the power of blood-bending. She was going to bend the whole world to her will, so I had to stop her," blue tears fell from Raava's eyes. "I invaded her body. Her body and soul could not handle the immense power, and she shriveled up and died. Quite literally." She looked at you. You shivered are this knowledge. "I didn't want to tell you about the blood-bending right away. I feared you would be the same as she was. Power hungry. I wanted you to find out for yourself so that you would understand how powerful and how dangerous blood blending could be." She explained. You looked at the spirit of light.

"This woman. What was her name?" You asked.

"Her name, was Hama." Raava said. You sighed and looked down.

"I understand your reasoning for not telling me immediately about blood-bending," you looked up at her again. "Is there anything else I should know?" You asked. Raava closed her eyes.

"There is one other thing," she said and opened her eyes. "It is called The Avatar State. It is a state someone who is granted my powers enters when they are under a great deal of stress, their life is in danger or they are extremely emotional," her eyes flashed white. White light invaded your line of vision. Then, you saw the figure of a person. It was you. Your eyes were glowing white. Pure white. A ball of air circled around in your hands. Inside the ball of air were the other elements. Water, earth and fire. "In the Avatar State, you are at your most powerful, but you are also at your most vulnerable." The voice of Raava cut through and the vision ended. "In the Avatar State, it is almost impossible for another person to reach you. You are in a complete state of rage and anger. If not mastered, the Avatar State can cause more harm than good." Raava explained. You sighed.

"I-I'm not sure if I want that power." You said. Raava smiled gently.

"The Avatar State is also the very thing that can save Ace. As well as Whitebeard." Raava said. You looked at her. "If mastered correctly, then you will be able to use that power to save the two you love." She said. You sighed.

"Can you teach me?" You asked. Raava smiled.

"In time. For now, I think it is best if you wake up. Your friends are waiting." She said. And with that, Raava vanished.

~~~~~~~~

It had been a few days since the Marines attacked and [Y/N] blood-bended the Marine Captain. They stayed in their room, never coming out, thinking that they were dangerous. Ace sighed as he stared at your closed door.

"You're worried about them as well, aren't you?" A familiar voice asked. Ace looked behind him and saw Marco. Ace looked back at the closed door.

"How could I not be? They've stayed in there ever since it happened. The only time they comes out is to eat or use the bathroom. And even when they do eat, they don't eat with the rest of us like they used to." He said. Marco sighed. He understood his friend's pain. He to was worried about the person he had fallen in love with.