Chapter 6: You Traitor! Thatch's Death

It was night on the sea. The Moby Dick being gently rocked by the waves. The aftermath of the party held hours before was still out, most of the good having been eaten or saved. You slept peacefully in your bed, Nozomu sleeping next to you.

"Teach, please, it doesn't have to end like this." You heard a voice said. You groaned and opened your eyes, rubbing them groggily.

"Huh?" You hummed, sitting up.

"You're not worthy of having that Devil Fruit, Thatch. Whitebeard should have given it to me!" A familiar voice growled. You narrowed your eyes. Why were Thatch and Teach awake at this hour? Nozomu had woken up as well, cocking her head and looking up at you in confusion.

"And you can have it, Teach! Just please, put your sword down. You don't want to do something you'll regret." Thatch said. You narrowed your eyes. You looked down at Nozomu.

"Stay here." You whispered. Nozomu nodded, staying on the bed while you opened the door and snuck out. You had a bad feeling about this. You tiptoed your way to the hallway that lead to the kitchen. You peaked your head around the corner and your eyes widened. Teach, a crew member of the second division under Ace, was standing in front of Thatch, his sword in hand.

"No. I don't want you to give it to me," Teach said. A sickening grin came across Teach's face. "I'm going to take it by force. I will become even stronger than Whitebeard! From now on, you can call me, Blackbeard." Teach said, chuckling. You held back a gasp as you heard the sword impale Thatch through the stomach. Thunder streaked across the sky. Tears formed in your eyes.

"No," you whispered, alerting Blackbeard of your presence. Thatch's eyes widened when he saw you.

"[Y-Y/N]." Thatch fell to his knees before falling onto his stomach, quickly bleeding out. Blackbeard looked at you and smiled.

"Ah, if it isn't little [Y/N." Blackbeard smirked. You narrowed your eyes in anger.

"You traitor!" You shouted, rushing at him. Sweeping your arms out to the ocean, you willed the water to come to your aid. Blackbeard smirked and dodged the multiple attacks you sent towards him. You heard other footsteps, signaling that the others had woken up.

"[Y/N]!" Marco shouted.

"What's going on?!" Ace asked. The two men froze as they saw the body of Thatch laying on the floor. They looked up at you, fighting Teach, now Blackbeard with water. Blackbeard's sword and shirt were covered in blood, further confirming their suspicions. They had known full well that Teach had been after the Devil Fruit given to Thatch by Whitebeard. Ace narrowed his eyes.

"Teach! How could you!" He shouted. This awoke the others on the ship, all of them rushing out to see what was going on, only to come to the shocking discovery of Thatch's body. Tears were still falling from your eyes.

"You coward!" You shouted, finally striking Blackbeard with the water. He grunted as he was pushed against the mast. Taking a breath in, you blew out, making the water turn to ice. Blackbeard gasped as the ice climbed up his form, nearly covering his neck. Blackbeard stared at his crew members, who were all behind pissed that Blackbeard had just killed his own crew mate. You glared at him.

"Why?!" You demanded. Blackbeard smiled, not looking guilty at all.

"Simple. I wanted that fruit for my self! Thatch didn't deserve to have it. He didn't even want it! It would have been a waste of powers!" Blackbeard shouted. Ace narrowed his eyes.

"That's no excuse to kill your own crew member!" He shouted. Blackbeard glanced at Ace.

"Isn't it? Pirates take what they want, don't they? They steal and kill those who stand in their way!" Blackbeard shouted. "Besides, it's already too late," Blackbeard said. Grunting, Blackbeard managed to break out of the ice, shocking you. Blackbeard smirked at you. "I'm not afraid of you or your powers, child," Blackbeard said. He reached into his pocket and took out the Devil Fruit that Thatch had found earlier that day. "I've got what I want. Now, it's time to say goodbye, [Y/N]." Blackbeard said. He threw his sword at you.

"[Y/N]!" You were pushed aside by Marco, the two of you landing on the deck of the ship. Laughing, Blackbeard stole one of the life boats stored on the ship and used it to flee. Marco looked down at you. "Are you alright?" He asked. Instead of answering, you pushed Marco aside, rushing over to Thatch.

"Thatch!" You shouted. You gently and quickly rolled him over. Thatch groaned in pain. He was weak, loosing more blood by the second. He opened his eyes slightly. Smiled weakly.

"[Y-Y/N]." Thatch whispered. You shook your head.

"Shh, don't talk. Save your strength," you looked around frantically, tears falling from your eyes. "T-There has to be something I can do!" You shouted. Thatch reached up and cupped your cheek with his hand, halting your movements. Tears from your eyes fell onto his cheeks.

"[Y/N], it's okay," tears of his own started flowing from his eyes. "T-Take care of Pops for me, [Y/N]," he sniffed. "M-Make sure Ace and Marco stay out of trouble." He smiled sadly at you. "I love you." He whispered.

~~~

Coming Up

"Hey, hey,"

"You're okay."

"You don't have to worry about Thatch anymore,"

"T-Thatch?"

"T-Thatch! Please! Wake up! Don't leave me!"

"Get me a pail of water, now! I can still save him!"

'Raava, please, help me. Help me save my friend.'

~~~~

//Cliffhanger! Let's see what happens in the next chapter. I hope you guys like this. I hope you all enjoy this Chapter. Let me know what you think down in the comments.//