Chapter 14: Erumalu, The City of Green! [Y/N]'s Ture Power!

After getting the situation with the Kung-Fu Dugongs sorted out, the group continued on with their trek to Erumalu. You wiped some sweat away from your forehead.

'Man. This heat is intense. I've never experienced something like this before.' You thought. Zoro glanced at you.

"You doing alright?" He asked. You nodded and smiled at him.

"Yeah. This heat is just intense. We had hot weather back on my island, but never something like this." You said. Suddenly, Vivi stopped at the edge of a city in ruin. You gasped at it. What happened to this place?

"What's this?" Sanji asked.

"Are we in Yuba already?" Luffy asked. You shook your head.

"This can't be Yuba. From looking at the map Vivi showed us earlier, Yuba is still much further away." You said. Vivi nodded.

"[Y/N]'s right. This is Erumalu. It was known far and wide as the City of Green." Vivi said, pain and sadness in her voice.

"It was green?" Luffy asked, puzzled because the ruins of the city didn't look green at all. Vivi turned to look at everyone.

"Take a good look around everyone. This is Baroque Works, has been doing to my country! The people of Alabasta, this is what they've had to go through." Vivi said, her voice cracking. You gritted your teeth together in anger.

'This isn't right! Back home, my real home, watching the anime didn't make me as angry when I watched this exact scene. But seeing it right in front of me now, it makes me so angry! How could Crocodile do this to this country?! These peaceful people didn't deserve this!' You thought. Suddenly, your eyes flashed a pure white.

'[Y/N], control your anger. Don't let it take control of you.' Raava's voice said. You sighed and closed your eyes, shaking your head. You opened your eyes again and they returned to their normal [e/c]. Ace glanced at you in worry, having seen the flash of white. You all walked down into the ruins. Luffy looked around.

"Wow. There's nothing here at all anymore." He said.
"No. It's nothing but a ghost town now. But up until a few short years ago it was a thriving city full of gardens, palm trees and lush greenery." Vivi said. Zoro looked at a Palm Tree that had withered and died due to not having water.
"This place?" He asked, kicking at the dead bark. A few pieces fell from the bark.

"Rain was always scarce here, but by saving every last drop of water and using wisely the city was able to live to its fullest," Vivi explained. Unfortunately, that stopped when the rain did. Not a single drop of water has fallen in any part of this country for three years now." Vivi said. 

"Three years?!" Sanji asked in astonishment.

"Wow that long?" Chopper asked. Zoro looked at Vivi.

"But wait. Even without rain there was still rivers and other water sources." Zoro said, confused as to how a city close to the river had completely dried up. Usopp nodded.

"And it's close. Why couldn't they just pipe the water in from over there?" He asked. Vivi looked at the two of them.

"Well the answer to that, is just up ahead." Vivi said. With that, the group continued on. "Even though it's a desert kingdom, never in the thousands of years of Alabasta's history has the rain ever stopped completely. However, there was one place in the country where the rain fell more than usual. Alabarna, the capital. The city where the King's Palace is located," Vivi explained.

~Flashback~

The rain fell heavily in Alabarna, the towns people collecting water and rushing to get to where they needed to be. The rain didn't make them nervous or irritated. It made them happy. Their crops and livestock thrived, giving them plenty of water and food. Cobra smiled up at the sky, happy that his citizens could live without worry of long droughts.