Chapter 8: The Hero's Reunion! Their Names are Fire Fist Ace and [Y/N] [L/N]

The town of Nanahana, in the country of Alabasta, was going about its normal business. The towns people were looking at different things that were being sold by vendors. Two people, one with a hat, no shirt, shorts and boots, the other with a short sleeve white shirt, shorts and shoes walked through the markets. You wiped the sweat from your forehead and huffed.

"Ace, how come you aren't sweating bullets? It's like, 100 degrees out!" You said.

"Mew." Nozomu, who was resting on your shoulder, chirped in agreement, her ears resting flat against her head, her eyes closed in discomfort. Ace looked at you and laughed.

"What? You didn't you and Nozomu have hot weather where you lived on the Grand Line?" He asked. Nozomu opened her eyes and looked at you. You glanced at her then narrowed your eyes at Ace.

"Of course we had hot weather, but this is beyond hot!" You complained. Nozomu whined and rested her head against your shoulder again. Her body was draped over your shoulder, her front paws resting against your chest. Ace laughed again.

"Don't worry, [Y/N]. We'll stop soon and get some food and water." He said. You groaned.

"Fine!" You groaned. A vendor, who was frustrated by the fact that he couldn't get anyone to purchase his apples, spotted the two of you. He smiled.

"Well hello, young travelers!" He greeted. "I haven't seen you around here before," he held up a yellow apple. "Would you two care to take a look at this solid gold apple?" He asked.

"Mew?" Nozomu chirped and opened her eyes, raising her head in curiosity. You were about to turn your head in curiosity, Ace took your hand.

"Keep moving," He mumbled. But the vendor wouldn't give up that easily. He stepped in front of you and Ace.

"I don't normally do this," he said, making it seem like it was a secret. "But I can normally tell when someone has a discerning eye," the vendor said. "This apple's magic, it's from an ancient ruin and with just one bite, you can live for a thousand years! Even your pet there," the vendor said, gesturing to Nozomu. "Could live for that long! With just a bite out of this apple!" The vendor said. You tried your hardest not to be tricked by it, for you knew that it was practically impossible to live for a thousand years. Even if someone ate a Devil Fruit or had the help of Raava, a Spirit of Light, the person would most likely die in battle. The vendor looked at you. "How about you? You look like someone who would be interested in this golden apple." The vendor said. You froze up. You didn't know what to say. Nozomu looked at you, tilting her head. Ace smiled. He squeezed your hand, gaining your attention.

"Thanks, but no thanks," he said. You and Nozomu looked up at Ace. "My partners and I aren't really interested in living for a thousand years. Just living today is good enough," he smiled at you. "Let's go, hun." He said. He was still holding your hand as the two of you walked off. You looked at him.

"Um, Ace," you said, glancing down at your hand in his. "Y-You're still holding my hand." You said, resisting the urge to blush. Ace hummed and looked down at your hands. He then smiled at you.

"Yeah, I know. I just want to make sure you don't get lost. From your lack of knowledge about my little brother, I take it you never really traveled around the world that much, so you might not know that much about the different countries along the Grand Line, right?" He asked. You looked at him slightly shocked.

"U-Um, yeah. I guess you do have a point," you said. Nozomu gave a few chirps, like she was laughing at you. You glared at her slightly. "Oh shut up." You muttered. You looked down, a frown crossing your lips. The reminder of your fake home on the Grand Line made your mood dampen a little bit. 'I don't think that Ace would think differently of me or be scared of me if I told him I was from a different dimension where he, and everyone else in the One Piece world were just characters in a TV show,' you thought. 'But I also don't want to go against Raava's wish. If she told me not to reveal that information to anyone, then I won't tell Ace, as much as it pains me to lie to him.' You thought. Ace frowned and looked at you. He squeezed your hand again, making you look at him.