Chapter 3: The Pirate Festival!

The Mail Gull dropped a newspaper Marco's hands. Opening it, his eyes caught sight of something interesting.

"It looks like there's going to be a festival at an island today. They're looking for someone to show off their devil fruit powers since the one they hired called in sick," Marco said. (I almost said quirks. Haha! Wrong Anime 🤣😜) Ace looked at you, smiling. You frowned.

"What are you thinking?" You asked, suspicion lacing your voice. Ace looked around innocently.

"Nothin," he said. You raised you eye brow at him, not convinced. Ace's smile grew till he broke. "Okay, okay!" He said excitedly. "So, you haven't really shown us your other abilities yet that you were born with, right?" He asked. You nodded slowly.

"Yeah? The only reason I don't show my other abilities off is because I don't want to set the ship on fire, punch a hole through it, or set us off course!" You said. "I'm still questioning how you haven't set the ship on fire yet, Ace." You said. Ace laughed.

"Hey, I've used my fire plenty of times and I haven't set the ship on fire!" He said proudly. Marco smirked at him.

"Yet." He said. Ace glared at him.

"Hey!" He snapped. He looked back at you. "Anyway, since the festival is looking for people with powers, why don't you enter? It will be the perfect time for you to show off your fire powers!" Ace said. You looked at him, dumbfounded. You then started waving your hands back and forth, shaking your head.

"No, no, no, no, no! Absolutely not!" You shouted. Ace pouted.

"Why not?" He asked. You pointed at him.

"First off, don't make that face. Secondly, we don't even know if there are going to be marines there. And thirdly, I don't want people knowing about my powers. We don't know what kind of people would want to get ahold of this kind of power." You said.

"The festival is for pirates only." Marco said. You nodded.

"I stand corrected." You said. Ace pouted again.

"Please?" He begged.

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"No."

"Please. Argh! Damnit Ace!" You shouted. Ace laughed. placing his hands on his stomach. Thatch chuckled.

"Alright, how about this, we can contact the festival via transponder snail, and see if they would be alright with the both of you showing off your powers? That way, [Y/N] can show off her fire abilities and so she doesn't have to go alone. And we wouldn't tell them about your powers. We would tell them that you did eat a devil fruit." Thatch said. You placed your hand on your chin in thought.

"Hmm, that actually doesn't sound like a bad idea." You said. Ace looked at you, his eyes sparkling.

"So you'll do it?" He asked. You sighed and chuckled.

"Yes, I'll do it. But only if you are doing it to. I'm not going up there by myself." You said. Ace smiled.

"Deal! This is going to be so much fun!" He shouted. You mentally sighed.

'What have I just gotten myself into?' You thought.

~~~

After getting permission from the festival and receiving an eternal pose, the Moby Dick made its way to the island.

There was still an hour before you and Ace were needed, so you decided to walk around and see what there was to see. You eyes sparkled as you spotted the most beautiful thing you had ever seen in your life! It was.....cotton candy! You looked at Ace, pointing at the cotton candy with excitement.