1.1

»»»

Isavella observed her mother rushing from one room to another. Big doe eyes following her movements.
"Did I forget something?" Cassandra stopped in her tracks, looking around. A small whine came from the baby then. Indicating Isavella wanted something. Her little hands reaching out to her and Cassandra instantly knew. She was sick of sitting there and wanted to be carried a little. So she carefully picked her up. Placing her against her chest, she pecked her nose. The baby slightly grimacing at this. "Don't worry, I'll be back soon. Grandma will take care of you as long as I'm out." She pecked her warm cheek this time, making the baby gurgle.

A plopping noise was heard then, coming from her phone. She reached out to grab it. The exciting expression on her face fading when reading the text.

Alexa (6:22pm): girl.. can't make it today :((( sorry

She got ditched. Again.

She didn't even bother to reply to her friend's message. Anger rising inside her. She glanced at her daughter's oblivious face then, sighing. There was no use. She'd spend her evening home with Isavella yet again. She quickly texted her mum she didn't need to come anymore and let herself sink into the soft couch.

She only had three friends and meeting up with at least one of them had seemed nearly impossible this entire month. Always something coming in between. Either it was her fault because of Isavella or it was them suddenly feeling unwell and catching colds. Or feeling tired. Or having already plans with other friends. Or boyfriends. Or suddenly being out of town.
"Let's change back into my pajamas," she mumbled then when another thought popped up in her mind. She could also text him, see if he wanted to hang out with her instead. And for a moment she contemplated it. Staring at the dark phone display intensely before dismissing the idea. It was too late now anyway. And she didn't want to seem clingy.
So she walked with Isavella in her arms to her bedroom. Changing into pajamas and spending the rest of the evening watching her beloved crime shows. The baby being lulled by the voices and eventually falling asleep next to her.

It was the beginning of the third episode her display lit up. Catching her attention. Not expecting much, she paused the intro and picked up her phone. Her heart skipping a beat when seeing the notification.

Tae (8:02pm): im bored

Tae (8:03pm): what are you up to?

Cas (8:04pm): not much. was ditched by a friend and now watch some crime show

Suddenly a video chat request appeared on the screen and Cassandra panicked. Quickly pushing her laptop away and checking herself in the large wardrobe mirror next to her bed. Thankfully she hadn't removed her makeup yet.
"Hey," she whispered with a smile, slowly getting up and going further away.
"Hey," he whispered back with an arched brow, "Why are we whispering?"
"Izzy is sleeping." She peeked at the bed, making sure it was still the case.
"Oh.. sorry for calling without warning," he quietly chuckled embarrassed, "I just prefer videochat over texting."
"I'm the complete opposite," she giggled, "So, how are you?"
"Bored," he pouted and she couldn't believe how adorable it looked. Even on the phone screen. "I put Ari to bed and don't have anything to do now."
"Watch a show like me."
He hummed for a moment, thinking about her suggestion. Shaking his head however. "Nah, I prefer films over shows.. But I'm not in a mood for one."
"Hm, read?"
Licking over his lips, a shy grin spread over them. "I'm not a big reader."
She grinned back. "Me neither."
"I'm so bored," he dragged out the last word in a whiny tone and she could see him letting himself fall onto his couch. His fluffy waves spreading a little on its surface.
"I don't know what to tell you," she pouted back in an apologetic manner, "I'd say go for a walk but that's difficult with a sleeping baby."
"Yeah.. and I also prefer staying inside," he smirked.
"Same," she laughed out, "But it's nice to occasionally go out." He hummed again and she couldn't tell if he was agreeing or just thinking out loud. "You know," she said then while stepping out of the bedroom, leaving the door open. A shy smile ghosting over her lips then when taking a seat on the couch. "If you can't think of anything, we can also just keep talking."
Taehyung bit back a smile. "Am I not distracting you from your show?"
She shook her head. "I can watch it some other time."