1.5

»»»

Cassandra was waiting for Taehyung in the car. The house of Ari's other grandparents was quite close by the sea. She could even spot the blue water peek between branches of bushes and flowers. The small garden in front of it was neatly taken care of, with flowerbeds full of pensies. She liked pensies.

The car door swung open then and she jolted. Watching Taehyung drop next to her on the driver's seat. An exhausted expression on his soft features as he heaved a sigh.
Cassandra straightened herself, glancing at him worried. "So.. was it that bad?"
Much to her surprise he shook his head though. "No, not really. I mean we didn't talk much. I didn't give them enough time to say anything.. hurting. Most of the time I was just explaining of Ari's new habits. You know, what to do when she's whiny, which food she prefers, how to get her to sleep.. stuff like that. "
She nodded quietly. "Then.. then why.."
"I don't know," he shrugged. Already knowing what she wanted to ask. The reason he looked so gloomy. "Is it weird that I miss her? I mean it doesn't make sense. When I leave her at my parents' to go out with the guys or you, I don't mind that. I usually only leave her a few hours there. But whenever I bring her here and have to leave her for a whole weekend, especially with them, it bothers me and I miss her." He sensed Cassandra's hand on his shoulder and looked up. Seeing her giving him a fond smile. "That's normal for parents." Her voice and eyes being so soothing, he wanted to believe her. Even if he didn't consider himself Ari's parent. "I called my mum twice today to ask how Izzy is doing," she quietly laughed out then,  removing her hand. She leaned back in her seat then. "Besides, I wouldn't want to leave my daughter with people I don't get along with either."

He nodded in silence before starting the engine. It was past noon and his stomach began rumbling. And he assumed hers, too. So he drove them to the place he would usually go and eat at. It had all his favourite dishes, so it had to be good.
Honestly there wasn't too much to do in the town as it was rather small. But it was quite scenic and picturesque. Especially with the sea close to it. And spending the rest of the day simply walking around, talking while passing by some old brick buildings, eating ice cream at a square with an odd sculpture, laughing while seeing a child hunting pigeons and taking photos of the scenary from uptown, wasn't too boring either. Especially when having each other's company.
And after observing the changing colours of the sky from a bench at the beach and seeing the streets almost emptying with less and less people on them, they decided to head to their accommodation.

Truth was that in a way, spending so much time with him made her suffer. Because she knew it made her feelings only grow deeper. And the fact he would never reciprocate them made her chest ache a little whenever she thought about it. However, she also knew that even having him as a friend was precious. He was a good friend. A great friend. Maybe even her best friend at this point.
Which was a little sad considering she had been friends with him only for.. for how long even? They knew each other for around half a year, but when had they become actual friends? Perhaps when she had finally gathered her courage and asked him to join them at the park. Or later when they had watched that film at the cinema.
Either way, considering she had known her other friends for years, it was ironic she considered someone she knew less than that, her best friend. Especially since he already had lots of close friends and probably didn't consider her one of them. A lump formed in her throat and she swallowed. Being his casual friend was still better than nothing though, she thought as the water was cascading down her head, over her shoulders and torso. Soothing her.
And she decided everything was alright anyway when stepping out and wrapping her long hair into one of the diligently folded towels before reaching out for a second one. She wouldn't allow her mood to drop and it becoming one of those days again. She had already gone through that this week. She didn't need it a second time.
Her gaze fell then, seeing her tummy. The last evidence left from her pregnancy - besides Isavella of course. The stupid little tummy which wouldn't leave. She sighed, there was no use. She'd have to go on a diet and work out even more regularly to get rid of it and she simply wasn't keen about that. It would be too much effort for something she didn't really mind most of the time. Many had one. Babies and kids had one. And she loved her daughter's little tummy.
She inhaled. Nope, she wouldn't let her mood drop over something random again. Not this time. However, her mind couldn't help but go back to Taehyung. Wondeing if he would mind the tummy.