2.0

»»»

Taehyung was staring intensely at the device in his hands. Scrunching his nose, he typed in something only to delete it right away. A sigh leaving his full lips when a thud in front of him made him tense up. Arching a brow, he saw a new glass of wine in front of him. Jimin taking his previous seat and putting his own drink down among the already emptied glasses.
"Why do you look so upset? Did something happen?"
He quickly shook his head, locking his phone and leaving it on the table. "N-no, was just thinking about.. something." He was thinking of texting Cassandra. Courage leaving him again and again, though, whenever he tried shaping some decent text message to her. 'hey, how's it going?', 'hey, you got time?', 'hey, i wanna talk to you', ... it all felt wrong.
Jimin eyed him sceptically, humming at this standard response. Not fully buying it, but he wasn't in a state to try pushing an answer from him.  Knowing it'd be probably pointless anyway. "Aha, alright if you say so." He took a sip from his soju, seeing Taehyung pushing his chair back and standing up then. "Where're you going?"
"The restroom," he simply stated and left to the direction of the bar. The phone on the table starting ringing loudly then. "Wait, your -" But Jimin cut himself off. Taehyung was too far away to hear him among the music and chatting noise. With a dragged sigh Jimin sat back. Hoping whoever was calling would finally give up and try later again. But the caller seemed persistent and he began earning glances from people at neighbouring tables. He leaned forward, ready to decline the call when he read the name on the display. His eyes widening and he picked it up instantly. Curiosity filling him.
"Hello, hello," he cheerfully slurred. Only to earn a hesitant silence.
"H-hello..?" The voice sounded doubtful, making him smile.
"Hey!
"Isn't this Taehyung's number?"
"It is. He's at the restroom right now."
"Ah, o-"
Jimin chuckled at her lasting confusion. "Cassandra, it's me. Jimin."
"Oh! Jimin!" She giggled on the other line. Her voice instantly sounding lighter than before as she was relieved it was a familiar person after all. "Sorry, I wasn't sure. I didn't recognise your voice."
"'s alright, don't worry. How are you?"
"I'm.. fine! Yeah, fine. Thanks for asking. And you? How are you?"
"Am alright, yeah.. So you wanna speak to Taehyungie?"
"Uhm, yeah.. Just wanted to ask if he had time to meet up.. But guess he doesn't since he's with you." He could hear her laugh faintly. "Maybe another t-"
"No, it's alright," he quickly interrupted her, "I'm sure he can meet you tomorrow."
"Oh okay.. maybe I should ask him, to be sure. He might not have time after all."
"No, no, pretty sure he'll want to meet you." Jimin was smirking, even if she couldn't see it. "My sixth sense it saying so."
Cassandra laughed, giving in. His voice was too charming to try objecting anything he said. "Well alright. But if he doesn't show up, I'll blame you."
"Don't worry, he'll show up. I'll make sure."

And with that, they bid goodbye and hung up. 

Jimin leaned back contently, taking another gulp from his drink. He wasn't entirely sure what was going on between the two, but Taehyung had seemed a bit aloof tonight. Perhaps it had to do with her. He could only speculate. Although it would surprise him if so. Considering what Hoseok had told him about the festival -which he regretted now not attending because of practice- the two seemed closer than anyone had expected. So perhaps his weird behaviour didn't have to do anything with her after all.

As his eyes wandered around, he spotted his friend making his way back. Almost bumping into some guy in the packed place. 
"Cassandra called," Jimin casually announced. Causing Taehyung to almost slip from his chair and land on the floor. "Wh- she did?" His expression made Jimin furrow his brows. Puzzled about his clear astonishment. "What did she say?"
Shrugging, he chunked down the last bit of his soju. "She wanted to ask if you got time to meet."
Taehyung's irises only widened more and he took a quick sip from his wine. Licking over his lips then, tasting the sweet liquor. "And what did you tell her?" he asked slowly. Looking calmer than before. It was him just downplaying it now.
"Told her you could meet her tomorrow. Was I wrong?"
Pursing his lips, he took a glance on his phone display. 9:50 pm. It wasn't too late for a friday night. Still, he wondered how she had ended up calling him at this time. Or at all, for that matter. Not that he displeased it. More the opposite, he was excited and glad about her calling. He hadn't expected it though. But then again, Cassandra was prone to unexpected actions, taking him by surprise.
"No, it's alright," he eventually nodded. Giving his friend a small smile. "You did right."