Please Believe Me (Impdubs)

AU: Hanahaki

WC: ~4.5k

Tw: Vomiting, blood, death

So I'm going to let y'all in on a little secret: ever since Double Life started I've been cranking out Clock Duo fics. As of now, I've written twelve with no intention of posting them. Although I've been sharing them with just one friend, and they begged me to post this one so here you go :) I had looked back on the hanahaki fic I wrote ages ago and much like with my amnesia fic, decided I could do better. I know it's low-hanging fruit for angst but I don't care I did it anyway! >:D

(Also if you haven't watched Double Life it doesn't matter all you need to do is that Bdubs and Impulse were paired)

-

Impulse's eyes flew open, his chest heaving as he found himself lying on the ground of spawn for Hermitcraft. Sitting up, he looked over to find Bdubs also catching his breath.

"We're finally back," Bdubs lightly laughed in disbelief.

Before he could get up, Impulse tackled him in a hug, holding him as tight as he could. "I seriously don't want to have to deal with another one of those life games ever again," he murmured, lightly gripping Bdubs' shirt.

With a laugh, his former soulmate patted his back, loosely hugging him back. "We'll probably be thrown into another one soon enough."

"Let's not think about that right now," he bitterly joked. He pulled back only to lean forward to kiss him, only for once, Bdubs seemed to hesitate. Was he nervous about the state of their relationship after returning to Hermitcraft?

Or did he not want to?

Impulse washed away his worries as gentle lips pressed together. He hummed when Bdubs quickly kissed him a second time before helping him to his feet. "Well ah, off to work then?" The builder asked, delicately holding his hands.

"I guess so! We've got a lot to catch up on, huh?" Squeezing his hands, his smile grew. "I'll see ya around then! I love you!"

Bdubs smiled as well. "Me too. I love you too," he whispered, waving goodbye.

-

After a long day of work, Bdubs was ready to crash. However, the moment he finally laid down for bed, he found himself unable to sleep. His bed felt too big, too empty. He debated messaging Impulse, asking him if he was feeling the same, if they would want to go back to sharing a bed every night.

Sitting up, he loosely hugged his knees as he stared at his communicator. He wasn't completely confident that Impulse still felt the same as him. Sure, he was the one who wanted to kiss him first, but Bdubs had worried it was more of an obligation rather than out of love.

No, Impulse said he loved me, remember? He still means it, he told himself whilst agreeing to wait and see if he'd message first.

Bdubs felt the hours slip away from him and once he realized it was well past ten, he figured Impulse wasn't messaging anytime soon.

"I'll just- check and see if he's awake," he murmured, biting the nail of his thumb as he picked up his communicator. Although he changed his mind about messaging him.

He'd rather hear his voice.

The line rang a few times before Impulse answered.

"Hey! What's up?" He cheerfully greeted.

"I uh, I'm sorry about bothering you but - god this is so embarrassing - are you- are you having any trouble sleeping?" He finally managed to ask, bracing himself for whatever the answer may be.