Speak Now (Zedbeef)

Au: Modern Minecraft au

WC: ~1k

I will provide no explanation. Except that I'm dedicating this to CloudWriterGrey

-

Zedaph considered himself to be many things. What he wouldn't be is someone who would crash a wedding and completely ruin a family's perfect day.

However, exceptions had to be made.

When he met Beef two years prior, it was a matter of weeks until he was head over heels. And lucky for him, his feelings were reciprocated. Yet it seemed as though it wasn't meant to last.

Since Beef's family was so uptight and had every last detail of their son's life planned out, they kept their relationship a secret. Then, two months ago, they found out at the same time that he was suddenly engaged.

And Zed hadn't seen him since.

He knew Beef better than his family. He knew that Beef wasn't the type of person who should be marrying the wrong girl. Or any girl for that matter. Purely because Zedaph wasn't one.

-

In a nice purple button-up and dark brown trousers, he managed to slip into the church unsuspected. It probably helped that neither families knew who he was. He found the few friends of Beef that did know him, but for the time being, he had found it best to avoid them. Zed also found the bride's family, which would be hard to miss in their pastel outfits that made them seem like a set of spring-themed candies. Although he didn't want to hold an immediate grudge against them since he didn't actually know them, he couldn't help but assume they were just as snobby and stuck up as the other family.

He reminded himself what he was doing and found his way to the endless hallways when no one was looking. Either he was going to find Beef so they could leave right then and there, or it would have to wait until the appropriate part of the ceremony. Which wouldn't be the worst-case scenario, but he didn't want to expose their relationship without his boyfriend's consent.

Hearing muffled yelling from a room, curiosity pulled him closer to the door. When he peeked in, he found a young woman in a pastry-shaped wedding dress, yelling at a poor lady and waving around her bouquet which seemed to be losing petals with each wild gesture. Zedaph assumed the lady to be a bridesmaid, as her teal dress matched the other young women in the room.

Surely this couldn't be what Beef thought his wedding day would look like, let alone want.

He carefully closed the door and checked his watch.

There wasn't enough time to find Beef.

I'm sorry if you hate me for this, but I have to try.

-

It was a bit awkward to hide in the curtains whilst the guests were exchanging fond gestures. Zedaph tried not to peek out too much, but he couldn't help himself. There was Beef, so close to him yet a lifetime away. He didn't look happy. His eyes weren't sparkling with joy, with love.

What arguably hurt even more was that Zedaph knew he was supposed to be invited. A family friend of Beef's, xB, was the only one who knew about their relationship and told him that Beef wanted to send him an invitation. As much as it would hurt them both, xB had explained that Beef would've felt somewhat comforted to know that he was there with him.

Yet he never received one.

Funny.

The organ began to play, although to Zed the song sounded more like a death march than anything. He once again peeked through the side of the curtain, watching as the lovely bride-to-be floated down the aisle like a pageant queen.

Yes, she was pretty. However, he knew Beef wished it was him.

As the eyes of the crowd followed her to the altar, he took the moment to slip out from his hiding spot and into an empty seat beside xB. He kept his gaze trained on Beef but felt a hand touch his. "You didn't have to come," he whispered.

"You think I'd come here just to watch?" He quietly countered, not looking away.

For the beginning of the ceremony, Zed could barely hear anything. The blood in his ears was roaring with anxiety. What if Beef didn't want to go? What if all he accomplished was making him embarrassed in front of everyone?

Then the preacher finished his speech. Before allowing the two to proceed to their vows, he then asked if there were any objections, to "Speak now or forever hold your peace."

The silence followed and Zed knew it was his only chance.

As he stood, his hands were shaking from his anxiety with all the eyes on him. Despite the horrified looks from practically everyone in the room, he could only look at Beef. Who, thankfully, was surprised, but happy to see him.

"I am not the kind of boy who should be rudely barging in on a white veil occasion," he slowly began. "But you are not the kind of boy who should be marrying the wrong girl."

Beef's smile grew as he took a step down. "So please, don't say yes. Run away with me," Zed urged.

There was an uproar of protests, and it seemed only xB found it all amusing.

As he ignored them all and pushed to the aisle, Beef rushed over to meet him, grabbing his arms. "Let's run away now, then," he agreed with a wide grin. "Just let me change out of my tux and I'll meet you outside."

-

Once Beef climbed into the car, Zedaph leaned over, meeting him for a kiss. "Thank you, I love you." The runaway groom murmured against his lips.

"I love you too, now let's get outta here." He squeezed his hand before shifting the car into drive and leading them onto the road. "So, what do you think? Have I got your parent's approval?"

Beef laughed. "Oh totally. But seriously, thank you for doing that. I don't think I would've had the guts to leave on my own. And I'm sorry for not being able to contact you for the past two months." Shaking his head, Zedaph found his hand again.

"It's not your fault. Now we've got nothing to worry about. I mean- we probably do, but let's not think about that right now."

"Where are we even going?" The other asked, looking out the window.

Zed lightly laughed as he shrugged. "Who knows!"