Fake Love (Kerdubs)

I- so this is Wii Sports Resort AU

It was an accident, I swear (T^T)

I needed a name for the resort and Wuhu Island was all I could think of (In case you didn't know, Wii Sports Resort AU is exactly how it sounds and was created by Casuallyy)

"Bubbles we have to go here!" Keralis gushed as he practically tackled Bdubs on the couch. Closing in on personal space, he held up his phone in between the two of them, revealing a website. Laughing at his friend's energy, Bdubs took the phone to scroll through the resort.

"I don't know, it's kinda pricey," he pointed out, handing the wide-eyed brunette his phone back. Keralis sat back and the freckled male finally felt like he could breathe. It's not that he had a problem with his childhood friend being so close to him, in fact far from it. As his heart began to calm down, he scolded himself. For years he'd been pining for his friend, but never dared to say a word. To an outside eye looking in, it would look like Keralis liked him. Constantly cuddling with him, calling him a pet name, and playing with his hair, but that didn't mean anything. Bdubs realized that his crush was like this with everyone and had to constantly remind himself that he wasn't special.

"Yeah but look at how great the deals are!" he was snapped out of his daze when the brunette leaned on his shoulder, showing him his phone again.

"Keralis, that's for couples only," Bdubs blushed, zooming in.

"Well, we're pretty close! Pretending to be a couple shouldn't be too hard, right?" he grinned, nudging his arm.

Can I do this? He worried as an arrow of pain pierced his heart. This must be the universe's way of punishing me for never saying anything. Then again, you could say something now and go on vacation as a real couple!

"Bubbles? You don't need to think that hard about it," Keralis laughed. Taking a deep breath, Bdubs opened his mouth. If he could only push the words out, then everything would be fine.

But instead, he backed out, and let a half-fake smile take place.

"Why not?" he shrugged.

"And we're here! Welcome to Wuhu Island!" the taller brunette exclaimed. He shook Bdubs' arm in amazement as they looked around.

"And here is your room key," the receptionist smiled, handing it over to the shorter brunette. "Have a nice stay!"

"C'mon babe," Keralis grinned. He took his fake boyfriend by the hand and gave him a quick peck on the cheek before guiding him to the elevator.

Bdubs' heart jumped, even though he knew his friend didn't mean it. He smiled to himself as they stepped into the elevator, hitting the button to take them to the proper floor.

When they entered their room, the freckled brunette was reminded of a small detail that he somehow managed to forget. There's only one bed. It was fairly big, so Bdubs assumed they'd end up falling asleep on opposite sides.

After all, that was the plan.

But when Bdubs woke up around five in the morning, he was suddenly very aware of a pair of harms holding him close. A shiver flew down his spine as Keralis sleepily nuzzled his back. Feeling a stupid grin form on his face, he closed his eyes. A part of him wished they could stay here forever as he drifted off again.