Lovesick: Part One (Bdoc)

Au: Hanahaki :)

Word Count: ~1.5k

TW: Mention of blood, mild panic attack and 'vomit'

Bdubs bent over, bracing himself against the side of the Chest Monster Shop. He felt like he was going to throw up. The more he coughed, the more it felt like something was suffocating his throat. As the builder breathed heavily through his nose, he felt relieved that Doc had already flown away. Being seen this way would be too embarrassing. Sorry Scar, he thought to himself, feeling bad that he was about to ruin his lovely landscaping with his lunch. 

Finally, his vomit reached his mouth and he threw it up onto the ground. 

"Flowers?" Poor Bdubs was in shock. Instead of regurgitated golden carrots splattering the grass, red and pink roses and loose petals came pouring out of his mouth. "I never ate-" more flowers were upchucked, petals fluttering down around the mess. 

"What's wrong with me?" The freckled hermit thought out loud as he wiped the saliva off his mouth. Once he finished regurgitating, it was like something was weighing down his chest, and making it harder to breathe. As he stared at the pile of roses and saliva in front of him, Bdubs took a deep breath. Everything is going to be fine. It was probably some potion or a prank. The builder reassured himself, though he wasn't completely convinced. Fumbling with his rockets, the hermit took off and headed towards his base.

For the first time, the freckled brunette couldn't fall asleep. He stared up at the ceiling, his arm over his forehead. A part of him wished he and Doc never moved out of that mansion. Going to sleep every night knowing that the hybrid was practically right beside him was all he needed. Bdubs accepted a long time ago the fact that Doc just simply doesn't see him the same way. That didn't stop him from treasuring every moment they spent talking, even when they bickered. "I still love him," he whispered, his eyes welling up. 

Stumbling out of his bed, the brunette ran to his bathroom and threw up more roses. He could feel a flower stuck in his throat, a tight fit that refused to let any air circulate. Clenching the toilet seat, Bdubs gagged. He could feel the petals of the flower shift as it dislodged itself and plopped into his toilet. Tears dripped into the water. 

Sniffling, the hermit cleaned up before trudging back into his bed. As he curled up under his blanket, tears silently streamed down his face. They didn't stop even when he fell asleep.

The next day, Bdubs avoided talking to any hermits. Lucky for him, he didn't really see anyone around, but when someone did pop up like Iskall or Weld, he either acted busy or just hid. 

After making a quick run to the shopping district to check sales, the brunette hermit was ready to fly off when, "Hey Bdubs!" Flinching as he heard Doc's voice, he scooped up the shulker box in front of him and ran out the door. The hybrid watched his friend, concerned. "Yo! DoubleO!" he called, cupping his hands around his mouth. Okay the shorter hermit was definitely ignoring him. Bdubs had turned away, and was trying to fly off as fast as possible. 

Not wanting to see him go without a proper explanation, the taller hermit shot himself right as his friend.

And landed face first behind him. 

The nervous hermit jumped, not sure what to say. "Uh, hi Doc, see ya around," just as he was ready to launch his first rocket, a hand grabbed his wrist. 

"Wait," the hybrid stood up, not letting go. "Did I do something wrong? Why are you avoiding me?" he asked.

A wave of guilt crashed over Bdubs. He hated himself for making his close friend hurt like that. Plastering a smile on his face, he turned to Doc. "Ah, sorry! I'm just in a rush is all. Lots to do today!" he lied.