IOU (xBEX)

Au: None (Set in s8)

WC: ~1.7k

Yeah, so over the summer this ship kind of popped into my head while driving because Bad Romance came on the radio, and somehow that led me to pair up these two. So for those who have seen season 8, this takes place after xB and Hypno get the IOU from EX and after EX recruits xB for his little Evil Nation group thing. I kinda fixated on them for a hot minute over the summer and decided it was about time to share this with the class

-

xB sat quietly on the steps leading up to the nether portal at Horse Head Farms. It was a warm, peaceful day. No hermits had dropped by and Hypno was deep in the mines. Meanwhile, xB had a precious piece of paper pinched between his thumb and forefinger. He studied the handwriting, his brows creased, his lips pursed. He glanced down at the dark gray helmet resting beside his foot.

"Maybe this is a stupid idea," he whispered, lifting the helmet and staring into the red-tinted visor. Glancing at the paper still in his hold, he sighed as a smile formed on his face. "And so what if it is?"

-

Whilst staring at the portal, xB leaned against the railing across, next to the lectern. Soon enough, a figure popped up, stepping free from the purple mist.

"So, what do you want?" EX asked, brushing remnants from a basalt delta off their pants.

Flashing a smile, he held up the piece of paper, slightly waving it. "I wanted to cash this in," he explained.

Maybe Hypno would be mad at him for wasting such a valuable IOU. If they were to auction it off like the rest, surely it would've made them a big profit. Alas, he couldn't help himself.

Despite the helmet covering their face, he could see them raise an eyebrow. "Alright..." they slowly replied as they crossed their arms.

He placed down the paper atop the helmet EX had given him, which was sitting atop an anvil.

"What strenuous favor am I to be forced to be subjected to?" EX asked. xB lightly laughed, pushing himself off the railing.

"Nothing bad! I just want you to spend some time with me! Y'know, for like, most of the day!" He explained. Slowly, EX unfolded their arms.

"That's... it? I mean, I get why I'm interesting and cool but... seriously? You don't need my building or redstone skills?" xB simply shook his head, his smile growing.

"Honestly I just want to get to know you," he sheepishly admitted. "I know it might sound silly, but hey, if I'm going to be a part of your... Evil Nation, I want to know who I'm working with!"

Humming, EX tapped their chin, their other hand beneath their elbow. "I guess that makes sense. Alright then xB, I'll spend the day with you." They agreed, although xB wondered if he should've pointed out that with the IOU they technically didn't have a choice.

-

xB had suggested they spend some time simply walking along the paths connecting all of the different bases and areas. "So," he asked, his hands behind his back. "What is your name? Is it actually 'Evil Xisuma?"

They shook their head. "No, that's just a nickname. I've been running with it though because I think it's badass." The smile on their face was audible, which led to xB chuckling. "My uh, my real name though is Xavion."

"I'd say that's still badass," he commented.

Xavion didn't reply.

"Am I... allowed to know where you've been this whole time?" He quietly asked only to immediately worry he was crossing a line.