I Know I Just Met You But You're Clouding All My Dreams (Bdoc)

WC: ~2.5k

AU: Modern (never with the real people)

This fic is quite literally a year in the making. I've been chipping at it for ages because I've been determined to nail strangers to lovers and I think I did an okay job? Idk you tell me you're the reader 

-

It was late afternoon, the sun shining brightly on the large, open field and stage, though Doc knew by the time the main event began the sunlight would be long gone. Other fans of the artist were trickling in, some laying out blankets on the large hill behind him, others leaning against the barricade like he was. One arm was crossed on the railing, the other dangling over the side and the light jacket he brought hung over the barricade. Crew people were moving about on the stage, most likely doing final sound checks and other such duties.

More people began to join which meant inevitably people were closer to him. He took note of the stranger to his right.

A short man with bright, mismatched eyes. He knew one was green, and through brief glimpses, he knew the other wasn't the same, though the color he was yet to be sure of. He was acting like a kid, bouncing on the balls of his feet and excitedly staring at the stage. It was cute, how bright his smile was and how that single tuft of hair fell over his red bandana, refusing to be held back like the rest of his brunette head.

Realizing what he was thinking, Doc returned to looking at the stage as well. This guy was a stranger. Was thinking he was cute... weird? It's not like he knew him.

At least, he knew a part of his music taste.

Doc's brief panic session was interrupted as he noticed the stranger had stopped bouncing and instead took a smaller step closer to him, practically brushing his arm. He raised an eyebrow, seeing as the area wasn't so packed yet.

But then he saw it all.

The stranger's dwindling expression, and the person beside him, who seemed uncomfortably close to him. He was also talking at the guy, though Doc didn't care enough to listen to him. "You alright?" He whispered, leaning down a little to reach the handsome stranger's ear.

"Sorry," he mumbled with a small smile.

Looking over to make sure there was plenty of space on his left, Doc slid down and motioned for the stranger to follow. "My name's Doc," he introduced with a small smile. He hoped if they engaged in conversation, the other guy would leave him alone.

Thankfully, a genuine smile seemed to crack on his face. "Bdubs."

"So, how'd you find the artist?" He prompted, resting his chin on his arm which he propped up on the barricaded.

"Ah, actually, I've known about the opening act for around a year or so, and when this tour was announced I gave the guy a listen and basically fell in love with it all, so here I am!" Bdubs explained, his bright energy returning.

This eased Doc, though he wasn't so sure he understood why. "That's honestly really cool! I found one of his songs on a playlist online last winter and ended up listening to his whole discography."

The more they talked, the more relaxed Doc felt. Bdubs had begun rambling about the opening act and how much he loved their lyrics as most tended to have double meanings.

Perhaps it was the excitement delicately woven between each word, or perhaps it was the pure sunshine radiating from his smile.

Regardless of what it was, something about Bdubs kept Doc smiling so much that his cheeks were beginning to hurt. He felt drawn towards him like Bdubs was a magnet, eager to latch onto the metal pieces of him. His new friend then began to slip into a story of when he and his friends snuck into a concert back when he was in high school.