Chapter 1: Stuck between two worlds

The Hunter is seen in a bloody alleyway, bodies strewn across the floor. Blood snakes down his suit, dripping onto the floor. Haru grabs his axe out of a Man-Beasts skull, brain matter still clinging on. Haru steps out of the alley, onto the cobblestone streets. The only noise being the whistling wind, and the heavy thudding of The Hunters boots. He walks up to a destroyed storefront, the decapitated body of the beast still there. Haru steps through the broken window into the bar. The Hunter steps up to the bar table, reaching behind he grabs a bottle of blood. Tossing down his mask, he pops open the bottle and takes a swig of the thick, viscous crimson liquid. Its metallic taste making the boy cringe before he tosses the bottle down and watching it shatter onto the floor. He lifts up his mask and grabs his axe. Though, little to his knowledge, a beast sneaks up behind the boy, and it pounces.

Haru shoots awake, a boot having kicked his chest. He coughs heavily as he looks up at who kicked him, revealing themself to be Saji, from the Student Council.

Haru: "Saji.." Haru spoke with venom in his voice.

Sona: "Don't you speak to my friends like that.." The student council presidents voice rings in The Hunters ears, making the boy freeze.

Haru: "S-Sona.."

Sona: "You know better.."

Haru: "Sorry, S- Ms. Shitori.. please forgive me.."

Sona: "Why should I forgive you when you sit here skipping class?" The Hunter stays quiet. "That's what I thought.. why am I surprised.."

Haru: "I'm sorry.. please don't kick me out.." The Hunter spoke solemnly, his head hanging.

Sona: "Rise." Haru obeys, standing up holding his cane. "Saji, go ahead and look for anyone else.. I'm taking Haru to talk to him.." Saji nods and walks off, leaving Haru and Sona alone.

Haru keeps his head down, shame across his face.

Sona: "You know, Haru.. I'm disappointed in you... you came to me two years ago, such... happiness on your face to be accepted.. yet, you never asked to join me."

Haru tilts his head to the side. "What is that supposed to mean..?" The Hunter spoke, confused.

Sona: "I wish you had joined the Student Council is all.. oh well, the past is in the past. Come, I'm taking you to the Studen Council room."

Haru: "Yes ma'am." The two walk off into the building.

~

Rias looks from a window, worry on her face.

Akeno: "Looks like Sona has an eye for Haru, it seems~" The girl spoke seductively.

Rias: "So it does... this isn't good... if Sona gets him first.."

Akeno: "I know, Rias. It's going to be bad for us all."

Rias: "If only Koneko could get him closer to us.. maybe we'd have a chance.. something.. I mean, his power.. it rivals Isseis."

Akeno: "Yes, it's almost like the power we devils gain at night."

Rias: "I've.. followed him one night. It's almost like his power quadruples at night. Though it's mostly repressed, like someone stopping such power from being released."

Akeno: "Interesting, do you think Fallen have taken a liking to him?"

Rias: "I wouldn't be surprised. Especially after Isseis encounter with Raynare."