Chapter 13: Into the abyss.

The Hunter holds his mothers body, tears streaming down his face, but no noises came from his mouth. He lays his mothers body down, and picks up her axe. He puts it on his belt and stands up, grabbing the bag Summer gave him. He grasps it and walks off.

Slow clapping catches his attention.

The Hunter whips his head around and looks at a woman with short black hair, wearing a red dress.

Woman: "My, oh my.. what a show."

Haru: "Who the hell are you?"

Woman: "Me? Oh, no one in particular. Just a.. killer, let's say. Just like you."

Haru: "I am no killer.." Haru snarls.

Woman: "Really now? From where I'm standing, you killed her nice." The Hunter's face darkens, a snarl emanating from his throat. "Woah.." Her voice shrinks as she stands in front of the 8'3 monster in front of her.

Haru: "Killing another person is disgusting.."

Oscar: "Yet you did it." Oscar walks up, Haru and the woman turn to face him.

Woman: "Oscar?!"

Haru: "It was a mercy killing.."

Oscar: "It always starts up as a mercy killing. Then it devolves, 'they deserved it', 'they were going to hurt people', then it goes slowly down the rabbit hole.. you start to enjoy it.. just like how you love to kill beasts..."

Haru: "Why you.."

Woman: "Oscar, why are you here. Salem-"

Oscar: "Salem is nothing here, Cinder! Here, I am the one you should fear!"

Cinder: "You know better!"

Oscar: "So do you! You're talking to a bestia dominus!"

Cinder: "So what, Mal Vodden, we have a hunter right here in our.." Cinder turns to where Haru was, only to see empty space. "Son of a-"

~meanwhile~

Haru dashes through the hallways, a volley of beasts following behind him, bloodthirsty aura surrounding them all as Haru dashes through multiple hallways, and open corridors.

"Shadows on the walls, underneath concrete high-ways~"

Haru dashes past a swinging axe trap, a beast behind him getting chopped in half.

"Hiding in the open, run from the hopeless broken truths."

Haru hops up, a scourge beast dashing underneath, tackling another beast.

"Hold in your breath and count to ten, dancing with death and innocence-"

Haru lands on another beast, digging his fingers into its eyes sockets, blood and its crushed eye fragments stain his hands.

"Don't run from darkness anymore~"

"Come in the light cause you gotta Stay Alive-"

Haru rips the beasts skull in half, tossing its body to the floor with a thwump.

"Running, burnin to survive~"

A shadowy werewolf like creature dashes into Haru, pinning him to the wall. Blood flies from his mouth, but no sound other than a breathless wheeze whispers out.