Chapter 2: I am but a man

Haru sits up, waking up in a field of beautiful, white flowers. The Hunter looks around, confused. His eyes dart around, a building adorns the floating ground around him. He was on a piece of land floating in an endless void of fog. Haru stands up and walks to a gate, preventing him from falling. The Hunter looks at the endless void around him before he pauses, staring at the large moon in front of him. Haru could have sworn it was staring back at him. He shivers under its light, turning around he jumps as a doll stands in front of him.

Haru: "What the-?!" The Hunter screams, but the Doll hushes him.

Doll: "Hello, O' Hunter.."

Haru: "Who are you..?"

Doll: "I am a doll, made for your help." The Doll spoke almost motherly. "You must be curious where you are, you're in a dream."

Haru: "Dream? So you mean.. I'm in a coma?"

Doll: "Not exactly, Hunter. You did die, but your body is regenerating."

Haru: "So.. I'm alive.."

Doll: "Yes, though there seems to be.. 'interference'."

Haru: "Oh?"

Doll: "Indeed, it seems to be.. ah, don't worry, Hunter, it's being dealt with currently.."

Haru: "Okay..?" The Hunter ponders for a second. "There has to be a bigger meaning to why I'm here, right?"

Doll: "There's always a bigger meaning to things, Hunter." The Doll looks up at a knight piece that burns on a pedestal. "One more thing, Hunter. Someone's here to visit."

Haru: "Er?" The Doll walks over to a gate, leading Haru to it. She opens it, and shows him inside, staying behind. The Hunter walks into a large flower field, looking around he hears a roar. The Hunter jumps and looks behind him, a giant red dragon sits in front of him. "What the fuck?!" He yells.

Ddraig: "Hello Hunter, I am Ddraig. I will.. ignore your previous comment out of respect, but please do not yell such profanities." The Hunter tilts his head, a look of confusion on his face.

Haru: "Forgive me, but am I seeing things?" The Hunter ponders.

Ddraig: "No, you're not seeing things."

Haru: "What in the world?"

Ddraig: "I am the Heavenly Dragon, Ddraig. I come here to congratulate you on finding your way home."

Haru: "Home? What do you mean by home?"

Ddraig: "This is where all hunters like you come for rest and relaxation. Here, you may relax and talk to sacred gears like me."

Haru: "Sacred Gears?" The Hunter asks.

Ddraig: "Yes, Sacred Gears are powerful beings locked away in powerful tools. You currently have one yourself, you are a special one though, your Sacred Gear seems to be.. one of the most powerful in the known multiverse. You may be classes as a god-like figure if you unlock its true potential."

Haru: "What do you mean, uh.. Ddraig?" The Hunter ponders. "I don't know what you mean."

Ddraig: "You shall learn in due time, Hunter. For now, you must be ready to wake up."

Haru: "What? No, I don't wanna wake up yet. I haven't even.. explored.." Haru stumbles around, his head spinning.

Ddraig: "Find my host, Hunter.. there, secrets shall be revealed." Haru finally closes his eyes and collapses..