Chapter 5: An explanation

The ORC pack in one corner of the room, the reason? Haru was sitting on the couch, gripping his cane in his hands. They shiver looking at the hunter, last night fucked them up pretty bad. Even with Asia's healing aura, they could still feel the jagged metal of his blades, or in Koneko's case; the hunters metal punch. She still has the bruise on her cheek from Haru's knockout punch.

A red rune-ish like circle appears on the ground, out of it comes a woman in a maids dress. Her gray hair flows elegantly before settling down.

Maid: So, is this the boy you talked about Rias?

Rias: Yes Ms. Grayfia. This is the hunter.

Haru: Come on, you had to tell people about me...

Rias: Yes! You're a danger to devil kind! You must be eliminated!

Haru's eyes widen as he flips over the couch, putting more distance between the ORC and himself.

Haru: You bitch! This is a trap isn't it?!

Rias: Er... crap..

Haru: Damnit!

Asia: Rias! We said we would talk it out with him!

Rias: With him?! No! He's clearly a danger to everyone in this room!

Kiba: I doubt he is, Rias, he did spare us.

Haru: That was my first mistake!

Grayfia: Enough! All of you, enough of these childish games, we will sit down and talk like responsible adults!

The ORC immediately goes silent, Haru stares at everyone confused.

Grayfia: O' hunter, please forgive these children

Grayfia bows to the hunter.

Haru: Just.. tell me what's going on.

Grayfia: Of course, do you know about devils?

Haru: Very minimal. All I know is Devils are an almost extinct race because of the war.

Grayfia: Partially correct.

Haru: Good to know. Tell me, why am I here?

Grayfia: Because, we want you to work with us.

Silence.

Haru: No, not at all.

Grayfia: May I ask why?

Haru: Because, after the presentation those idiots gave me. *points at the orc* I don't wanna work with the people who almost killed me.

Grayfia: That is.. understandable. But please, we would like to at least be allied with you.

Haru: What do I get out of it if I do?

Grayfia: Protection from fallen and angels.

Haru: What?

Grayfia: Yes, sorry to say but hunters like yourself aren't very... liked by todays society. Blame that on the last few hunters aiding humanity and trying to wipe out the three factions.

Haru: So what you're currently saying is that.. everyone wants me dead?

Grayfia: Unfortunately, yes.

Haru: Fuck.

Haru struts around the room, the ORC stares at the hunter as he looks conflicted about his current situation.

Haru: Fuck! Fine, I better not regret this...

Haru turns to the maid as she smiles at him.

Grayfia: Do not worry dear hunter, you'll be happy to know that no one will harm you.

Rias: What?! Grayfia, you can't be serious! He's a danger to everyone in the underworld and we're letting him walk off scott free?!

Grayfia: Enough, if you wish to argue this decision talk to Lord Sirzechs.

Asia: I think this is for better Rias... Haru is a kind soul, yes he's a hunter... but he's not bad..

Kiba: She's not wrong... Haru did spare me during our fight, not only me but everyone else.

Issei: I do have my doubts.. as much as I am terrified of him, I guess having him on our side isn't that bad. As long as he stays away from my harem!

Haru: Don't worry Issei, not planning on dating yet. Just don't make me regret joining you people.

Grayfia: As I've said dear hunter; you'll be perfectly fine.

Haru: Fine.

Haru rubs his head quietly, he leans on his cane. His stature makes the ORC, and even Grayfia seem like ants to a dog.

Grayfia: Quick question O' hunter.

Haru: What?

Grayfia: Could you please stick with the group for ten days?

Haru: Why the hell?

Grayfia: As much hope I have for them, something tells me your skills could be of use to them.

Haru: Use? What use?

Grayfia: The group is training for a battle.. this could mean a big difference in the underworld.

Haru: And I'm supposed to care?

Grayfia: Please.

Haru: I'm sorry Ms. Grayfia, I've overstayed my welcome.

Haru then stands up and prepares to leave when a pillar of fire appears in the room. Everyone stares at it with Rias visibly panicking before brushing away her panic, looking stoic again.

Grayfia: Lord Riser..

Riser: Ms. Grayfia, Riser is glad to see all of you.

Haru: What fun.. I need a nap..

____________________________

Ah, I am very sorry this took so long to get out! Writers block hit me pretty hard and I was trying to figure out where I was taking this story. Please forgive me for the late upload, I might have to push my updates to 2-3 weeks later. There is a reason though, school is starting for me in about 4 days.

Anyways, enough of me rambling. Have a great day!