S2: C16: A Beacon of Glory and Sin

Aiden sits alone in a room. It mostly consisted of a mattress on the floor with a lamp, and TV. Aiden sits on his knees, meditating alone in the darkness. His thoughts trail off to the events of the prior week. Roman leaving him for dead, and being brought in to Beacon Academy. The girl who took out an entire team from Juniors. He never got a good look at her face, but from the glimpses he got from her, silver eyes and black hair tipped with red. She couldn't be no older than himself, and she was that good at fighting. He was impressed to say the least. Her weapon, a scythe was terrifying for someone with a close quarters weapon like his own. But, Aiden lived for the fight. If he wasn't so keen on making sure Roman got out, he would've been on that bullhead back to base, and out of everyone's hair. Now, he's here, alone in a room. He obviously knew it was a repurposed janitors closet near the normal dorms. It was clean, with a window even, but it was very cramped for his liking. He couldn't complain though, his boss couldn't save him if he tried. He opens his eyes to the darkness. He lets out an annoyed sigh and stands up, placing his mask onto his face and walking out of the room, into the empty hallways.

It was uncanny, a school that's supposed to be bustling with students and faculty is empty and dead. As if someone came in and.. killed everyone. He shrugs off the feeling and walks outside into the courtyard.

Djall: "Hello, Aiden." Aiden flinches and turns to face the man who just appeared.

Aiden: "S-sir." Aiden responds.

Djall: "I see you're working with Ozma now. May I ask why?"

Aiden: "He said.. if we help him.. he'll give himself up.." Aiden gulps, his body involuntarily shaking.

Djall: "Oh? Then.. that makes this easier. We can get the other one. Beacon will not fall, understand."

Aiden: "Y-yes sir. I-I'm guessing your daughter is..?"

Djall: "She is doing her job." Djall rubs his chin, his red eyes glaring at the masked boy. "Dismissed.. just don't use your powers, revive the dead, I don't care. Do not reveal us though." Djall walks past Aiden.

Aiden: "Oh boy.." Aiden shivers.

~

An explosion shakes Aiden out of a stupor, and he rushes out to the courtyard, only to see the girl with the riding hood fighting with.. a Schnee. Aidens eyes widen before he shakes his head and he lets out an annoyed breath.

Weiss: "Do you even know who I am?!" The girl yells.

??: "I-I-" Riding Hood stutters.

Aiden: "Weiss Schnee. Daughter of the Schnee family, who owns a dust company that no one cares about." Aiden walks up, making Weiss and Riding Hood look over. Riding Hood's face turns to a scowl at the sight of Aiden, and Weiss' eyes widen in surprise.

Aiden: "Hello, Weiss."

Weiss: "A-Aiden." Weiss freezes seeing Aiden. Though, her shock didn't show fear.

Aiden: "And hello again, Riding Hood." Aiden turns to the other girl.

Ruby: "It's Ruby. And why are you here? Shouldn't you be in jail." Ruby glares at Aiden.

Aiden: "I should be, but our lovely Ozpin let me stay here for the year. I owe it to him to help him. Don't worry, that robbery was a one time thing."

Weiss: "My Oum, Aiden. You turned to robbery? I knew father firing you was a terrible idea." Weiss walks up to Aiden.

Aiden: "Sometimes, you need a way to live. How's Winter and Whitley?" Aiden leans down to Weiss' height.