Chapter 9: Lost in The Hunt.

"I'm too late.."

Haru's words echo throughout the Forbidden Forest, he stands alone before grabbing his axe and tossing on his hat, lifting his mask so blood may not stain his face before he treks off alone.

The Hunter watches as snakes slither through the forest, he can't help but shiver as he watches them. One slithers past his foot and he raises it, almost jumping. His eyes wide as his breathing falters. He glances up, watching an even bigger snake slither down a tree. Haru couldn't move, his body frozen in place. The gigantic snake hisses at Haru, making his eyes widen and he takes a step back. He picks up his axe and extends it, holding it in front of him in a defensive position. Haru glances around before he sprints off away from the snakes.

Tree branches, bushes, vines, they're all against him, the trees sprawl out in a million positions, jagged and impossible. They grab at him as he tries to escape the forest. Snakes and people both try to grab at him also, this forest like a nightmare to him. Before the boy could get a chance though, a large snake latches onto him, The Hunter panics and tries to rip it off, but it's too late.. the venom of the creature has already invaded his blood, tainting it. Haru's eyes roll into the back of his head as he collapses backwards, the world around him becoming dark...

~

Haru shoots up, his body leaning against a stone wall. Upon closer inspection, he was in the Cathedral Ward, his arm bandaged up now, markings on the bandages show a Saw Cleaver and a heart drawn on with marker. Haru's heart drops at the realization.

Haru: "Shit.." He stands up, his legs wobbly. He grunts and punches the wall, cracking the stone with his bare hand. He cracks his back and limps off, dragging his tool behind him.

??: "Hey, you're just gonna wake up and walk off?" A feminine voice rings out from behind The Hunter.

Haru: "Yes, I am... Sylvie, I told you to back off from this... you won't survive.."

Sylvie: "Ugh, never change, huh? For your information, I've been hunting for 3 years now."

Haru: "Jesus... Sylvie, you're going to get yourself killed..."

Sylvie: "Jokes on you, big brother, I'm unkillable." She spoke with a smug look on her face.

Haru: "Sylvie I-" Haru pauses for a minute. "I almost died myself.. multiple times..." Sylvie pauses.

Sylvie: "Pfft, don't lie to me, Haru. You're unkillable. You are what every hunter wants to be."

Haru: "No.. I'm not Sylvie.. whatever, think what you want to.. you're 16 now, who am I to care."

Sylvie: "Exactly~" She stands on her tippy toes and boops Haru's nose. Sylvie then walks to a gate. "I'd best get back to hunting~" She winks at Haru, her caped garb flowing in the wind with her greyish eyes glowing and her grey hair flowing from under her hat. The two look eerily similar, Sylvies outfit though had a more feminine touch to it, though. A black rose near her heart and a grey tulip in her hat. She goes to walk through the archway but a figure launches her back, she hits the wall. A man beast walks up.

Beast: "Ah, should have listened to big brother, little girl.." He mocks.

Haru: "Sylvie! Shit!" Haru pulls out his axe. "I'll make you pay!" Haru then rushes and swings his axe around, but the beast dodges.