The Game of Temptation ~12~

Hey guys!

So, first off I'm going to apologize for not uploading as soon as I'd have liked to. I found about seven or eight stories that I started or got an idea for, and just went through them, reading everything. Seriously, one of them I'm so proud of it isn't even funny. I might even put it on here one day...

Anyway, for now, this story. You guys are really starting to get into it, which is awesome!! I love seeing your opinions! It's really fun for me, you have no idea:) Hopefully you guys like this chapter. Some of you will, some of you won't, but overall... should be interesting!

Also, how are you guys doing? I really want to know! I feel like I talk TO you, but not WITH you guys enough... So what's up?!:D

Enjoy!

Chapter Twelve

~Alex~

 To say I was excited was an understatement. I hadn't been home in months, and I couldn't wait to see my family again. Even if I had seen them through Skype, it just wasn't the same. I also couldn't wait to see Izzy.

 At the same time, I was terrified. In my head, she was the exact same girl that had cried because she didn't want to be apart, and I was still the guy that wanted to beat the shit out of his truck because he was desperate to stay in high school and have more time with the girl he loved.

 Now, I knew we'd both changed. Maybe she looked different in person. Maybe she dressed differently. Hell, I remembered the image she'd sent me of her on Halloween, the one of her in her room alone, and I knew she'd definitely changed her style a little. No complaints from me, it looked amazing on her.

 But would we still be us? Would we still be able to talk to each other easily? Over the phone we'd been fine, but would we still be able to do the same in person?

 I'd arrived back yesterday in the morning, having made sure to leave at the earliest hour I could without getting myself killed because I fell asleep at the wheel, just so I could spend an entire day with my family.

 It had been great, exchanging stories, seeing what had changed in the house, if anything. It had felt weird too, like I belonged but not entirely. I was already set in college, it seemed. Home wasn't here anymore. Not entirely.

 But it had been great to finally get my laundry done for free. Not to mention I'd apparently been doing it wrong for the past few months, so I'd been forced to take a lesson on the "proper" brand to buy and how to sort my clothes.

 I hadn't paid attention, but the thought had been nice.

 Now, it was 8AM, and I was pacing. Me and Izzy had decided we'd meet at the park in an hour, the one where we'd first started dating. That was our park. Not literally, but it was where huge moments of our lives together had happened.

 I changed quickly, making my way downstairs to get some breakfast before I headed out.

 "Off to see Isabelle?" My mom asked, and I nodded.

 "Yeah, we really need to catch up," I told her around a mouthful of pancake.

 My mom was quiet for a minute, but eventually she asked, "Can I be honest with you?"

 I froze in the process of picking up a glass. "Uh, sure."

 "I'm surprised. I wasn't sure you and Isabelle would last through the first month of college, let alone the first semester."

 My eyes widened. "Mom, we've been together for four years, did you really think college would ruin that?"

 She shrugged. "Yes. Hon, I'm not saying you and Isabelle won't last, I'm just saying it's very rare for long distance relationships to work."