The Game of Temptation ~21~

Hey guys!

WOW I I can't believe how close I am to being done.. And considering the majority of the rest of the chapters have already been pre-written...

Anyway, the reactions I'm getting from you guys are amazing! And kind of hilarious! I love it, and you guys!! I know most of you hate Alex, and there are some of you that are mad at Isabelle, but... this should be interesting.

Also, I'm throwing in a little something.. extra;) You'll be surprised, and I can guarantee SOME answers will be given... I've also never tried this with this story before so.. should be fun! The part I'm talking about, let me know how I do! It's the reason this chapter took a while to upload...

Yeah, I've teased you enough. Enjoy!!!:)

LOVE<3

Chapter Twenty-One

~Isabelle~

It didn't work. The second I saw Care, I burst into tears.

"Holy shit! What happened?" She asked, quickly putting her food and Starbucks on her nightstand.

I shook my head. I could barely think right now, let alone talk. Besides, all I really knew about why I was crying was that I was confused, overwhelmed, and so out of my comfort zone I couldn't even find where I'd passed the line.

"Do I need to call someone? Ren helped yesterday, so should I-?"

I cut her off, panicked. There was n way I could see Ren, even if all I wanted right now was him to be here.

"N-no. P-please just..." I couldn't finish.

Care took the hint and sat beside me, giving me a one-armed hug.

"We can talk about it when you're ready, okay?" She muttered, calmly.

I nodded, leaning into her support. God, when had I become so needy, and desperate, and just... this?

It may have taken hours, or it may have taken minutes, but eventually I felt the tears slowing down, my mind becoming just a little clearer, though I still had no idea what I was going to do.

"Feel better?" Care asked.

I shrugged. I couldn't tell. I felt relaxed, but not calm.

"I can tell you what happened." I sniffed. Care waited until I was ready, not saying anything. I tried to figure out the best way to say it, but finally went for simple.

"I'm in love with Ren, Care. I know it's stupid, and I don't know how it happened, but I am," I told her. Why did I like hearing how Ren's name sounded near me saying I loved him?

Care's mouth fell open. "Are you serious?"

I nodded. "And then I went to a park about an hour from here to think, and that ended with me calling Alex because I've been screwing up way worse than he has. Or so I thought. Care, he lied. Yesterday, he skipped out because he ate some unmarked brownies. He got high," I explained. "So we had this huge-ass fight, and now I'm confused..." I trailed off, sniffing.

"It's okay. I'm going to get us some vodka and Chinese food. I don't think you've eaten all day, and the vodka will take the edge off."

I just shrugged. Like there was anything that could help me right now. I couldn't even recognize myself.

"I'll be right back," Care promised. I let her go, closing my eyes. I wasn't really tired, but I felt weary, like crying had weakened me or something.

And as soon as I blinked, she was gone.

~Caroline~

What had I done? I just wanted my brother to be happy, and Italy to see that the dick she was with now wasn't right for her.