Chapter Seven - Neil

My god.

I felt like I was going absolutely insane.

I had a woman in my house and all of a sudden,

'She probably thinks this place is a shithole.'

'You might wanna check that faucet again, what if the water is running?'

'What will she think of your bed and—'

'Look at her ass.'

I shook my head at myself, of course I wasn't going to do that, that is super inappropriate behavior. I only met her yesterday.

'You're a pussy, Neil.'

I sighed, "Fine..." I huffed under my breath and pretended to pick something up relatively behind the woman helping me.

I reluctantly peek up at Esther as she's bent over setting something on the floor.

I couldn't really see much because of her dress, but I could already tell she had a nice body. Her arms were nice and toned, I could see the dainty muscles of her back moving as she unpacked yet another box of my shit.

Now I'm really glad I didn't keep amy pictures of my ex wife, that would be quite a story if Esther came across one.

I didn't throw them away, I just gave them back to her family. Who requested them. Well I didn't want them anyways so I didn't fight with them over it.

The woman before me with spotted skin was pretty petite, I would say. She wasn't anything like the five foot nine inch tall lady I once married, she was softer and kinder.

And southern.

God, I knew I would get us out of that mess.

Esther slowly stood up off her haunches and dusted her hands off on her dress. I was still staring at her, not saying a word.

She was mighty fine.

"Ahem, Neil?" She was chuckling at me.

"Yeah?"

I could tell she didn't want to point out that she caught my eyes on her.

"Are you ready for lunch now?"

I stood to my full height and nodded, brushing my hands off on my jeans, mimicking her.

"Yeah that sounds great, let's do that."

I followed her out of my room and down the hallway to the stairs before she spoke up again, "You never even gave me an official tour, what kind of host are you?"

Her tone was totally playful and lighthearted, she was just trying to make conversation, and I knew that.

'She thinks you're incompetent.'

Instead of answering her, I looked over her shoulder to where the kitchen was and moved past her down the stairs.

I would give her a tour later, but now we needed to eat to keep some of my demons at bay.

"Did I say something...?"

I turned around to find Esther on the second floor, looking confused and slightly uncomfortable.

"What? No, I'm sorry I thought I answered you with a witty remark," I smiled and pointed to my temple with one finger, "I've just got a lot going on up here."

Thank god she laughed at me. I mean I wasn't lying, like I said, I was being completely honest with her. She skipped down the stairs and it took everything in me not to stare at her chest.