Chapter Thirty Seven - Esther *

I lied to Neil.

I had no idea what I was asking for until I found myself screaming in masked joy while running around the house out of breath.

"What about your dad, Neil?" I yell in a panic, "Isn't he still here?!"

He is relentless as he gets hotter on my heels, and I turn the corner for what seems like the millionth time and finally begin my ascent up the stairs to the second floor landing.

Neil isn't saying anything, he isn't talking back to me, he seems to have gone in a completely different dimension where he is deaf and apparently an avid hunter of extremely vulnerable prey.

I have to keep reminding myself that I asked him to do this, but I can't help but think that with the lack of responses from him, he seems to actually enjoy chasing me. Why did I bring this up?

Maybe he's been waiting for this opportunity with me for a while.

My feet can't keep up with each other long enough to keep me balanced, and I trip before I reach the last couple of stairs, scrambling to get away from him.

"Won't he be wondering what is happening?" I try again. And still, nothing. It's almost like he doesn't even want to communicate.

I give up on talking to him, but I'm still too nervous to look back, afraid that he'll be right there. But I do anyway.

Neil is near the bottom of the stairs which makes me think that he was giving me time to do exactly what I accidentally did, and all he does is one simple uptilt of his head.

Go.

I turn back around for the final time and find my footing to reach our bedroom.

What next?

I definitely didn't do enough research about this.

The corner of the room is where I stand, furthest away from the door. And then I wait for him. There are no footsteps, no creaking of the old floorboards, nothing.

But I do see a shadow. Was that him? It couldn't be, I would have heard it—

"Was that... exciting enough for you, Est?" Neil asks quietly as he enters the room as well.

I couldn't believe how light on his feet he could be.

That means that when I'm trying to sleep, he definitely doesn't have to be making all the noise he causes.

There wasn't anything I could will myself to do other than nod.

He makes his way closer to me, shutting the door and locking it, "Good. Now, what else did you wanna try? You have to tell me."

My body is still trying to recuperate from the cardio, so I just shrug.

"Is it your turn to be quiet now, hm? Are you punishing me?"

What is he going on about?

Neil begins to undress, "Talk to me, Esther. Or I stop."

Hesitantly, I follow suit and take off my dress, "I want... I want you to use my other hole?" Why did that sound so awful? I was not good at seducing.

"Jesus."

"What?! I'm sorry I don't know how to ask for that kind of thing! So get over here and do it already."

Was I being too pushy? Did he want to do this?

"Did you get any kind of lube before asking me for this?" He drawls as he stalks closer to me.

Oh no.

"No. I purposely meant not to."

He chuckles and shakes his head, "Trust me, sweetness. You don't wanna do this without it. It'll be painful—"