Chapter Seventeen - Esther *

Our lips were interlocked for most of the ascent to my apartment, and thank goodness Benny and Carol were inside.

I would be so embarrassed if they saw this, but not enough to stop.

Neil almost knocked the door open when I pushed him against it. I fumbled with my keys as his hands roamed up my sides and through my hair just grasping at whatever he could.

I turned the lock and we all but stumbled inside. It would have been perfect if he fell down and I landed on top of him just like the coming of age films I would always watch.

That didn't happen, and honestly I was surprised it didn't with how drunk Neil seemed to be.

He spun us around and closed the door by leaning me against it this time. His hands were their own being as they skimmed over the fabric covering my ass and lower back while his lips lowered to my cheek, then jaw, then neck, then shoulder.

My whole body was growing so hot and it was beginning to hum and tremble with excitement.

What was I supposed to be doing?

Did he like my hands where they were? Are we really going all in this time?

I felt a groan begin in my chest, but quickly turned it to a sigh.

Am I being too loud?

Neil was basically panting as he massaged certain parts of my body and laid hot open, wet kisses along my neckline.

"I want you so fucking badly, Esther."

A small intake of air that could be mistaken as a gasp entered my lungs. Neil pulled back and stilled his movements to look me in the eyes.

His eyes were dilated so much I felt as though I could barely differentiate the color from the seemingly emotionless pits.

Was he sober enough for this? I want him to remember everything that happens because once it does, I don't think I want it to stop. I have no clue what good sex is supposed to feel like but I would imagine that Neil knows.

And he can show me.

"Do you think you'll remember this tomorrow?"

The large man who still held the aroma of whiskey and dark beer furrowed his brows and spoke slowly, "I wouldn't know until the morning."

By the way he was putting his sentence together thoughtfully, I could tell that it was best to wait, even though it would be painful.

I patted him on his chest, "Then how about we wait until you're functional, alright?"

Neil reluctantly pulled away from me but grabbed my wrist to follow him to the bed.

He carefully laid himself down as to not make noise, and opened his arms up for me to join him.

I only chuckled, "You're funny if you think I'll be in your arms after such a heated moment. You and I both need to calm down."

I changed into my pyjamas and by the time I got around to getting in bed myself, he was out.

I wonder if he'll even remember pinning me against the door or kissing me so... passionately?

Now I was too excited to sleep, because deep down I knew that tomorrow was the day.

And tomorrow was only a few hours away.

It was dark out when I woke up.

It was strange, I didn't remember falling asleep, but I feel rested. What time was it?

My question was partially answered when I heard a thundering crack of the storm over the barn and the pelting of large rain drops on the roof and windows. Of course it was raining, and when it did, it was always dark.