⊱☆⊰ 54 ⊱☆⊰

⊱ ☆ ⊰ ☆ ⊱ ☆ ⊰

'54 - Final Decision'

⊱ ☆ ⊰ ☆ ⊱ ☆ ⊰

'REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK'

I don't know what I expected her to say, but this was definitely not it.

As I waited for Carina at the library, in our usual location, I thought back to the previous day's events, you know, the letter and all.

It has been difficult to wrap my head around the situation, knowing that we were both somehow, for an unknown reason, stolen of a past that may or may not have been real. She has the better end of the stick, having had this knowledge for longer than I have, she has allowed herself to simmer and think and over analyze the situation.

Me? I've only been aware for a day. That puts my brain at a disadvantage.

So when she approached the table and dropped a new piece of the puzzle right in front of me, I truly did not know what to think or say.

"You've been quiet for way too long." Carina whispered over to me as I stared down at the inked parchment.

"We're in a library, if you haven't noticed." I replied.

"We can change locations if that'll help you actually speak to me." she said, leaning over the table towards me.

Dropping Pandora's letter onto the table, I finally switched my gaze over to her. "Location is perfect, it's the brain that needs time to understand, Carina. You keep dropping these bombs of information on me out of nowhere and expect me to react right away when it took you nearly a week to do the same."

She sighed, leaning backwards into her chair. "You're right, I'm sorry Reggie."

"Reggie?" I questioned her. Since when is that a thing?

"Look," she said, pausing and ignoring my remark completely. "I just think that we should maybe consider, you know, getting the memories back first? And theeen I can give you all the time in the world to simmer."

"Is this all some sort of prank? Part of a bigger scheme? Are you somehow doing all of this to drive me crazy?" I queried, leaning closer to her over the table.

"Yes, Regulus. I have mastered the art of emotional manipulation, storytelling, and learned multiple different handwritings to send fake letters and also enchanted both of us with weird dreams or visions or whatever you want to call it." she replied, waving a frustrated hand at me.

"It sounds exactly like something you would do." I said, trying to sound as playful as possible.

"Does not!" she whisper-exclaimed, somehow quietly, in response.

"Alright, the entire prefect's bathroom incident?" I recalled.

"Oh please, that doesn't count, you were simply at the wrong place at the worst time. I was very opposed of us hiding out in the prefect's bathroom." she argued, her tone switching back to no longer frustrated.

"Fine. Look," I began, sighing. "I don't know how or what to think about all of this, okay? And now, there's more information and I, I can't even begin to imagine what the future will consist of. The diaries? Visions? Connections? Darkness and death? I don't know what to do. I don't know how to handle something of this scale. I mean, what if...what if I don't want to know? What if I don't want to get my past memories back? What if I want absolutely nothing to do with this?" I rambled, watching Carina's face sink as she listened to my speech.