chapter sixty five

YOUR POV:

Chloe and I had made it back to our shared apartment, both of us being invited to the after party but we both decided to stay in and have some alone time. I locked the door and let out a little yawn as I placed the keys on the counter top, catching the eyes of Chloe's lovestruck expression.

A giggle bubbled past my lips as the corners pulled upwards, "What?"

Chloe grinned, "Nothing. Just looking at you and how insanely attractive you are."

I pointed to myself, pretending to be confused as I looked around, "Who? Me?"

The ginger giggled loudly, taking a few steps closer till she was right in front of me. Her small hands cupped my cheeks and smooshed them a little, "Yes you. Always you."

I rested my forehead against hers, mumbling out a soft "I love you."

"I love you more."

My heart swelled with love and adoration for this woman. She came into my life and I fell for her unexpectedly. I wonder if she felt the same about me, or if she knew that she was falling in love with me.

"What do you wanna do baby girl?" I pressed a soft kiss to her forehead and Chloe looked up at me, a sly grin curling up her lips and my heart skipped a beat. I could tell that the gears were turning in her head and I wasn't prepared for what she was about to say.

"Wanna make a baby?"

If I had a drink in my mouth, it definitely would have been sprayed all over her and the floor from shock.

"A-are you being serious?" I stuttered, at a loss for words. Not that trying for another baby was a bad thing, I was just trying not to let my overthinking and anxiety take over.

Chloe nodded and took a step back, "I am. D-do you not think so?"

"I'm just- baby I'm just shocked is all. Especially because we haven't talked about trying again." I scratched the back of my neck, using a soft voice because I knew this was such a sensitive topic to discuss.

Chloe released a heavy breath, "I know. But we're never gonna find a good time to do so."

"You're right," I sucked in a breath, "So let's talk. What are your thoughts?"

Chloe pulled her arms further up in her jacket, hiding her hands as they gripped the holes of the jacket to keep them closed, "Well.. I know that you're going on tour and I'll be here doing my thing. I also know that you're a top charting rockstar and the people love you. Which means that you're in demand right now. They're gonna be expecting more music, more appearances. Relevance."

I walked up to her and gently placed my hands on her arms and rubbed them up and down slowly, "You're exactly right. But if you want to start a family, then I'm here for this. If the label and management want to keep me from my family, then maybe they aren't someone I should associate myself with. I mean you don't really need a label to make it. You're nothing without fans and I know the majority of the fans would be more than understanding if I took a little hiatus to raise my family."

The gingers eyes welled up with tears and I knew I had struck a chord. Hopefully one of maturity. She fell into my chest and I hugged her tight, rubbing her back and providing her with all the comfort I had.

"I'm just scared. What if we lose them again.." She sniffled.

The corners of my lips pulled down into a frown and I held the woman I loved a little tighter, "I wish I could reassure you and tell you that it wasn't an option. I wish there was a definite answer or that one of us could see into the future. But I guess not knowing is the risk we're gonna have to take. We'll do our part and do all we can to keep you and the little one happy and healthy."