Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn (Part 1)

Boys are laughing outside the school. "'No legacy is so rich as honesty.' When Shakespeare wrote that, he obviously didn't know what I know about teenage boys. I mean, I know there are guys with integrity, who lead with truth. I've just never met any of them," Hope says. "I see you've decided to double down on your nihilism this morning," Emma deadpans. "She's trying to be rich with honesty," Grace mutters dangerously. "Start from the beginning," Emma says. "Of my short-lived but horrific romances with liars?" Hope asks confused. "Of your decision to perform black magic on school grounds last night," Emma says. Hope and Faith exchange a look, while Grace sighs.

"It was Grace," Damon says. Kol growls and Davina uses her magic. "And I thought your parents were overprotective," Grace mutters to Hope. "Oh, wait, they are," Faith finishes.

 When Grace sighs, her cousins turn to her, "Maybe we could table this until I catch the guy I was trying to find by using black magic. Because the longer that Landon Kirby is out there, the greater the chance he tells people about this school and the kind of people we have hidden behind the gates," Grace says. "You know there's a beacon that alerts me when someone's using. You knew you would be caught," Emma tell hers. "After I found Landon, but we lost the trail and now I'm being interrogated. But go ahead, take your time. Nothing at stake here," Grace says sarcastically. "Did anyone help you with the spell?" Emma asks. 

"Please say no, please say no," Caroline whispers. 

Grace smirks. "Do you remember that time, last year when Penelope got into a little trouble with the locals," Grace asks. Emma nods, "She owed me," Grace says with a shrug. "Can we go?" Faith asks after a moment. "Girls, you are students. This isn't your fight," Emma says. "It's absolutely my fight, Emma. Landon was inside the walls of this school because of me. He had access to the knife he stole because of me. We're at risk of exposure because of me. And you can tell me that I'm sublimating a lifetime of survivor's remorse, or whatever it says in my file here, but I'm gonna help Dr. Saltzman find him," Hope says beginning to rant. "And what happens when you do?" Emma asks. THe three girls exchange a look. "It should be said that Shakespeare wasn't completely clueless," Hope says. The girls leave and the door closes. "He had plenty of advice about how to handle betrayal," Hope says. "Our personal favorite:" Faith adds.  "Think, therefore, on revenge and cease to weep." Grace finishes. 

The Mikaelsons exchange a look, "Well at least we know this will end well," Kol says. 

"Let's hit the dining hall and carb load. It's game day," Lizzie tells her sister. "I'm not hungry," Josie mutters. "What? Well, uh, funny thing actually, Josette. This morning, as I was desperately trying to make this trash bag of a jersey look cute, I suddenly had the urge to purge. So I fled to the bowl, and lo and behold, I heaved up a gallon of black goo. So, seeing as I haven't been dabbling in any illicit black magic recently, I can only imagine it was a twin sympathy hurl. And here you are, denying the day's most important meal. So fess up. What did you do?" Lizzie rants. "Maybe you're pregnant, Lizzie. Oh, or maybe it's just how that jersey fits," Penelope says. "Go away, evil one," Lizzie says. "Already gone. Hot tip: next time you burn your ex's hair off, make sure she can't rock a lob," Penelope teases the twins. She turns and nearly runs right into Grace, "Just remember, you owe me," she says before going around her. She goes to Lizzie, "You're frowning, what's wrong darling," Grace asks. "Penelope was teasing me saying I was pregnant," Lizzie complains looking down at her uniform. "Darling, I may be talented, but I'm not that talented," Grace says. Lizzie blushes a deep red at the comment while Josie looks away with a smile. 

"You truly are his daughter, aren't you," Rebekah asks. Grace smirks, "Trust me Auntie Bex, you don't know the half of it," Hope mutters. 

"Morning! Big game today..." MG says walking over to the girls. "Bounce, MG. If you hurry, you can catch up with the Blair b¡tch and tongue-chum her again," Lizzie says bitterly. "Darling, I'm going to say goodbye to my cousins and I will see you for the game," Grace says. 

"HA!" Grace exclaims. "Darling worked," she says looking at Lizzie. Kol laughs and looks at Davina, "Don't call me darling," she says before he can speak. 

"Hey, girls, listen," Alaric says. "Don't do it. Don't say whatever it is you're about to say because you have Dad face, and wherever Dad face goes, daughter disappointment always follows," Lizzie complains while Josie nods in agreement. "I'm sorry; I can't make the game today," Alaric says. "But, Dad, you're the coach," Josie deadpans. "And I'm QB1 this year," Lizzie complains. "I hate it as much as you do, but I have to find Landon Kirby," Alaric tells the girls. "Okay, so, let's cancel. I mean, it's a joke anyways," Lizzie says. "We can't use our powers, so we suck," Josie says. "Exactly," Lizzie finishes. 

"It's stupid," Grace mutters. Lizzie and Josie nod. Lizzie then looks between Kol and Grace, "It's a really good thing neither of you like getting told what to do," Lizzie says. 

 Which is a normal school for troubled rich kids thing to do. This annual event lets the locals see you for what they think you are. And keeps them from asking too many questions," Alaric explains. "But they mock us," Josie says. "Because they're insecure, small-town kids with small minds. So just let it be. Look, girls, with Landon running around, knowing all of our secrets, we have to protect our profile now more than ever. Can I count on you guys to do that?" Alaric asks. The twins exchange a look before nodding. "All right. I love you both," Alaric says. Lizzie and Josie nod, knowing that Hope and Faith were going with him.