We're Gonna Need A Spotlight (Part 4)

"I think I liked the last three bars better than this one," Alaric says. Emma laughs, "The perils of small-town life. You quickly exhaust your drinking establishment options," Emma says. "Indeed," Alaric says. Emma giggles, "Now, no more changing the subject. Let's talk about you. The game's called 'Truth or shot'. Need me to explain the rules?" Emma asks. "I have a doctorate in history and drinking games," Alaric says. Emma laughs, "What was...your most embarrassing childhood memory?" Emma asks. Alaric quickly takes a shot and Emma laughs, "Oh. That bad, huh?" Emma asks, thinking that he was not going to answer. Alaric laughs, "Ah. Actually, I peed myself in right field during a Little League game. I just needed a drink," Alaric says. Emma laughs. "All right, it's my turn," Emma says. "Yeah. All righty. Who was your first kiss?" Alaric asks. Emma takes a shot, and Alaric laughs, "Oh-ho, this could get ugly," he says. "Oh! Warm-up's over," Emma says. "Okay," Alaric says. "Why are you always so hard on yourself, Dr. Saltzman? Because I can't afford to make mistakes. If I mess up, it affects hundreds of people. Mostly kids, including my own. And they always need me to have the answer," Alaric says. "And what do you need?" Emma asks. "Would you like to get dinner with me sometime?" Alaric asks. "You must be joking," Emma says before laughing. "After all this time, now you ask me?" Emma asks. "I take it my timing is off," Alaric says. "I...just started seeing someone. He's a good man," Emma says. "Then say no more," Alaric says before chuckling. "Say no more," Alaric says.

"Bitch," Elena mutters. "What," Lizzie asks. "She shot down Alaric," Elena says. "She is dating someone else," Josie says. "Like when you were dating Stefan but still went after Damon," Hope says. "I was completely loyal to Stefan," Elena says. "Okay, Pinnochio," Grace whispers.

"This is why I hate sci-fi," Hope says, as she eyes the slug trails leading up to the ceiling. The group goes upstairs and looks down on the talent show in the auditorium. "We need a way to de-slug whosever infected, fast," Dorian says. "When I touched the switch to the kitchen vent, it shocked me, and that's when the slug popped out," Hope says. "Great. So we just have to find a way to electrocute every student in the school without killing them," Landon says. "If we don't, they're dead anyway. I'm gonna call Ric," Dorian says. Dorian walks away, and Hope and Landon stay in as Raf takes the stage.

"Moving on from Elijah, we go to Uncle Nik," Faith says. "He had to deal with a lot growing up," Faith says. "And then when he channeled everything that happened to him as a child into looking for a way to break the curse," Faith says. "He wanted to explore that part of himself that his parents hid away from him," Faith says. "Huh," Jen says. "Klaus Mikaelson: The Original Hybrid," Jen reads from the book before Faith turns the page. "Now, there's Uncle Kol," Faith says. "Oh, he's a Pyschotic Maniac," Jen reads and Faith nods. "Grace's dad," Faith tells her. Jen nods, "He studied magic for a thousand years, because he had his magic taken away from when he was made a vampire," Faith explains.

"You seem to know a good amount of information about us," Kol says. "We grew up in the compound," Faith says.

The audience applauds, "My name is Rafael, and my talent is spoken word poetry," Raf says into the microphone. The audience respectfully snaps their fingers. "Oh, no. He promised he wouldn't do this again," Landon tells Hope. "Stillness. A light breaks inside. Unity. And division. Tension. Suddenly, I remember why I didn't want to be in the talent show. All these wolves staring at me, waiting for the answer. Expectation is a cancer. Oh, you can't, sir? Then who will?" Raf says. The bass begins to quietly play. "Two brothers brought up together. Then one's left behind because he's no longer needed. Violence inside of me. Inside, I'm, I'm bleeding," Raf continues. "What's he talking about?" Hope asks Landon. "And I can't believe what I'm feeling, since the moment you danced with me. Buried so deep, rising up, enchanting me. And it won't go away. And I was never jealous of anything that you had until today," Raf says looking up at Landon and Hope. "And why is that artifact here? Monsters coming, people running. Ask for answers, always nothing. I say we get rid of it," Raf finishes. Raf and the audience stand and turn to the stairs, "So they're all infected?" Hope says almost as if it was a question. "Okay. Yeah, I'm not gonna wait around to find out," Landon says as they leave the auditorium quickly. Hope and Landon close the doors, as the students climb the stairs and begin shouting. "Vessera portus," Hope says. "That should hold the pod people in for now," Hope tells Landon. "Let's go," Landon agrees.