Mombie Dearest (Part 3)

"Dad is so suspicious," Josie mutters wishing she could get to know their biological mother. "Uh, duh. So am I," Lizzie says harshly. "I just think that she's more of a fairy godmother than a zombie," Josie says with a small smile. "She's not our mother," Lizzie denies not wanting to make their life more complicated. "She's DNA," Josie argues. "You're not even dressed," Lizzie says noticing Josie's attire. "I don't want to be late to my own party. I'm done," Lizzie says. "I'll catch up with you, okay?" Josie says. Lizzie nods. Josie turns to her bed and sees an envelope with her name on it. She smiles, and opens it, a necklace falls out. She picks the necklace off the floor, and reads the note. 'Hope your birthday wishes come true, Hope.' is what the letter says. Josie smiles and puts the necklace on.

Grace puts another finger up, "And that's two," Lizzie whispers.

Hope, Faith and Grace are in Grace's dorm getting ready for the party. Hope sitting at the vanity doing her hair, Faith doing her nails and Grace standing in front of the mirror adjusting her suit. She smirks, "Faith, tell me how gorgeous I am," she demands playfully. Faith snorts, "Oh, Grace you know I can't be compelled," Faith retorts. Grace and Faith turn to Hope waiting, "I'm not saying it, because I don't care if you went after Elena," Hope says focusing on her hair. Grace and Faith laugh.

Kol and Rebekah smile reminiscently. Klaus smirks at similar Hope is to himself. Elena shudders.

Josie sighs realizing that she needs to get ready, "Do you want me to braid your hair?" Caroline asks from the doorway. Josie smiles, "Yeah," she says. Caroline comes behind Josie and begins braiding her hair. "Lizzie told me that you have your eye on a new student, well, when do I get to meet him," Caroline asks. "At the party, I guess," Josie says. "Hey, mom," Josie says after a moment. "What's up Josie," Caroline asks. "Josette Laughlin is in Dad's office," she starts. Caroline sighs and nods, "And," Caroline asks knowing there was more. "Would you feel like I was betraying you, if I showed her how I look for my party," Josie asks. "No, I would not," Caroline says. "You and your sister are both very special, you got some of me and some of Jo," Caroline says. Josie smiles, "Now, you get dressed and quickly show your mom how you look then head to the party," Caroline says walking towards the door. "I have to run interference on your sister and her larger than life girlfriend," she says. Josie laughs knowing that the comment about Grace was true.

"Hey," Grace exclaims. Josie rolls her eyes, Lizzie laughs at Grace's expression.

"Ah, let's welcome birthday girl number one, Lizzie, and her lucky escort, Grace," MG says posing as the emcee. Lizzie walks down the stairs and meets Grace who is half way up holding a white rose. "What if I told you my favorite was sunflowers?" Lizzie asks. "I'd know you were lying," Grace deadpans. "How?" Lizzie asks. "You like the elegance and simplicity of the white, it also reminds you of the fact that you are Caroline's daughter but you have ties to Josette Laughlin," Grace explains. "I also know that your favorite color is lavender, your favorite dessert is key lime pie, you like a blend of hip-hop and old-school Motown, and powdered bat wings make you sneeze," Grace lists. She nods to MG and 'Girls just wanna have fun' pipes through the speakers. "My favorite song," Lizzie whispers. "I know," Grace says taking Lizzie's hand. The two girls begin dancing and laughing.

Lizzie interlocks her fingers with Grace, Kol looks at Davina and smiles. Then the two of them look back at Caroline as she smile as well.

"Aren't you gonna be late?" Josette asks her dark haired daughter. "Oh, no. It's cool. For a couple of minutes," Josie says. "Isn't it your party?" Josette asks. "Maybe if my date was the person I wanted it to be," Josie whispers. "Who is your date," Josette asks. "He's new to the school," Josie says. "Is there someone else that's special?" Josette asks. "That is a complicated question," Josie says. "Humor me," Josette asks. "Well...last year, there was this girl, um, but she dumped me. Oh. And now there's this boy," Josie starts. Um, and Lizzie is really pushing us together," Josie says with a laugh. So...she knows that you like him?" Josette says. Josie nods. "What about her," Josette asks. "Lizzie has been dating Grace since she was fourteen," Josie says. "And what's Grace like," Josette says. "A lot of people say that she is like her dad but I think she is more like her mom," Josie says. "And her parents," Josette asks. "Kol Mikaelson and Davina Claire," Josie says. "They compliment each other having strong personalities," Josie says. "Being and having a strong twin sister isn't a cakewalk. But anybody who spent five minutes with you would know how special you are," Josette says knowing how Josie felt from being in the same situation. "You're only saying that because you're..." Josie denies. "It's okay. Caroline is your mom. She did a great job," Josette admits. "Lizzie's exactly like her. You would never know that she's not her biological mom," Josie says. "And you take after me," Josette finishes. "I'm really happy you're here. I honestly think that Dad is really lonely," Josie says. "He's a pretty terrific guy, your dad. But you can catch me up later. You have a party to go to," Josette says. "Actually, do you want to come with me?" Josie asks.

"She did not even react when you said who Grace's parents were," Kol whispers. "Our bio-mom can't care because of who her family members are," Lizzie says.

"Have you seen Josie?" Raf asks wondering where his date is. Hope and Faith are shocked because they saw her ready for the party and heading to her dad's office. Hope and Faith leave the party to look for Josie, "Where are you going," Henrik asks. "Looking for Josie," Hope dismisses. "I'll get Finn to tell Grace," Henrik says. Faith nods.

"Does that count as jealousy," Grace asks. "I think so," Lizzie adds. "No," Hope replies. "Okay, that's three," Grace says.

The music continues playing and the crowd cheers, "Oh. You got moves," Lizzie comments watching Grace dance. "You ain't seen nothin' yet, darling," Grace replies. Grace grabs Lizzie's hand and they begin dancing together. "Grace, Josie is in trouble. Hope and Faith are already going to find her," Finn tells Grace in the middle of the party. "What is it," Lizzie asks noticing her facial expression. "My Uncle Finn told me that Josie is in trouble," Grace whispers. Lizzie's eyes widen, and she grabs Grace's hand and the two leave. "No. No, no, no," Lizzie whispers as they leave the room.

"Did I even notice," Caroline asks. Grace and Lizzie look at each other and then both of them turn to Finn. "Nope," they respond.

******************

******************

Lizzie and Grace's outfits