What Was Hope Doing In Your Dreams? (Part 4)

"Yo, what-what is this?" Kaleb asks MG. "Is that my presentation?" he asks. "Yo, just because you need to dry out does not mean you need to take down the entire vampire canon," MG says. "Just because vampires have been like this for the last century doesn't mean we have to stay that way," Kaleb says. "What are you...?" MG asks. "MG, what...?" Kaleb growls. "Dracula, as a novel, has only retained relevance in modern times because of our patriarchal culture's obsession with the idea of a privileged, powerful man who does absolutely what he wants with absolute impunity. Meaning we've spent weeks in this class analyzing the literary value of a character who basically abuses consent in every way..." MG explains.

"Yeah, just because Stefan Salvatore can't handle a little bit of human blood does not mean Kaleb can't," Faith says. Grace and Hope smirk, "That's rude," Elena says. "So is sleeping with your boyfriend's brother but that did not stop you," Lizzie deadpans.

In a classroom, Landon sits with a final exam sitting on the desk in front of him. "What is it, Mr. Kirby?" a teacher asks. "I think there's some kind of mistake. I'm not...I don't think I'm supposed to be taking any tests. It's my first day," Landon says. "Of course you're supposed to take an exam. If you don't pass, you're not allowed to stay," the teacher says. "But I haven't even started. I didn't know," Landon says. "I suggest you produce answers and not excuses. Five minutes left, everyone," the teacher says. Landon sighs, "I'm sorry. I need another pencil," Landon says. "On the desk near the window," the teacher says. Landon gets up and heads to the window, realizing that he was asleep and he needed to wake up. "This is a nightmare. How do I wake up?" he asks. "You know what you must do, Landon. Bring it home," a voice says stabbing the pencil through his hand, Landon wakes up in class.

"Another dream," Klaus asks. Grace nods, "It is truly too bad, that he could not die from the pencil wound," Lizzie says. "Yeah like if it stabbed him in the heart," Faith adds. "He's not a vampire," Hope mutters.

"The senior witch faculty has mixed together a batch of energy herbs to help you stay awake. So, for those of you who are not getting on the evacuation bus, for lack of a better term, please dose yourselves responsibly," Alaric announces over the P.A. system. "I'm gonna get sued. Or hexed, at the very least," Alaric adds after turning the P.A. system off. "You don't have to be so hard on yourself," Hope says. "At my last school, the gym teacher was dealing coke under the bleachers," Landon says. "Oh, yeah, that only makes me feel marginally better," Alaric says. "Ow," Landon says as Hope wraps his hand. "Hey, uh, hold still. I'm almost done, okay?" Hope says. "Okay," Hope says. "What do you think she meant when she said 'bring it home'?" Landon asks. "I'm guessing she means Malivore. It seems her plan is to torment us until we produce the urn," Hope says. "Right," Alaric says. "But if the Night Hag is a monster that's trapped on the astral plane, then how can she even physically take the urn anywhere?" Hope asks. "Yeah, the book also says the Night Hag can't affect our reality, but...Rafael's welt and your hand seemed to prove that wrong," Alaric says. "When your research consists of fairy tales and urban legends, sometimes the stories get twisted," Hope adds. "Human dragon, anyone?" Landon says. "Dorian might be busy with the evacuation, but we'll figure this out," Landon says. "When the Night Hag finds a way to get the urn, we'll be there to stop it," Alaric says. "Well, at least it was a pretty memorable first day," Landon says. "Yeah, and the Night Hag is likely just getting started," Alaric says.

"So, if it is not the Night Hag, then what the hell is it," Damon asks. "A demon," Grace mutters.

"You know, Landon, I really wish you'd just evacuate with the others," Hope says. "I worked so hard to get here. If I run at the first sign of trouble, what's the point?" Landon says. "The point, Landon, is that we're trying to look after you," Hope says. "Honestly, you two are taking better care of me than anyone in my life ever has. Course, I had to stab myself to get your attention," Landon mutters. Hope rolls her eyes, "You know, we're all good here," Hope says. Faith walks in, "Hope, we have a problem," she says. The two girls leave Landon and Alaric. "I'm blowing this, aren't I?" Landon asks. "You know, Landon, sometimes the best thing for Hope is to just let her be Hope," Alaric suggests. "Stay busy. She'll talk when she's ready," he says.

"What exactly is the problem," Kol asks. "Grace is missing," Hope deadpans. Kol hums, accepting the response.

"What seems to be the problem," Hope asks. "Grace has been missing for a couple of hours," Faith says. Hope groans, "Have you asked Uncle Finn," Hope asks. "Yep, apparently Grace threatened to send him to Hell with his parents," Faith says. Hope groans, "That's a good threat," she mutters. Faith nods, "Yeah, no kidding," she replies. "Let's do a locator spell, and pray she did not do a cloaking spell," the two cousins say at the same time.

"Huh, that is a good threat," Kol muses. "Yeah, I thought so," Grace says with a smirk. "I thought it was a laugh," Finn says sarcastically.

"Sequitur," Hope says after Faith drips blood onto a map. The blood trails and then pools into a singular dot. Faith and Hope growl, "She's at the old Mikaelson mansion," Hope growls. "I might actually kill her," Faith growls. They both head to the house and head to her room. And there she is sleeping, "So, which one of us gets to kill her," Faith asks. "Neither of us," Hope says. "Because Uncle Kol would kill both of us," Faith says. "Yes, but that does not mean I am ruling out a terrible wake up call," Hope growls. "Air horn," Faith asks. Hope holds her hand out, "If you think about blowing that air horn, I'll kill you both," Grace mutters.

"Aww, I got to wake her up with an air horn," Lizzie says.