I'll Tell You A Story (Part 5)

Hope decides to try the crystal talk again, she sits down on the edge of the dock and looks out at the water as Landon appears. "What I said before about wanting to protect you, that was true. But...I also didn't want you to go," Hope says. "I hate it when people leave. I hate it. Growing up in a family full of people who can't die, it changes the way you look at the world," Hope says before taking a deep breath. From the moment I was born, the witches hated me," Hope says. "Deep down I think that I felt like I shouldn't even technically exist. That I'm a cosmic mistake," Hope admits. "Oh, I don't know. I guess I just wanted someone to think that I'm worth staying for. I'm sorry for lying to you, Landon. I wanted you to stay because I love you," Hope says. "You didn't mean to say that last part, did you?" Landon asks. "No. Whoa!" Hope says shocked with herself. "The first time you tell me you love me, and it's not even the real me?" Landon complains. "I'm kind of winging it here," Hope says laughing. "What? Come on, man," fake Landon complains. "H-How would he react to all that, really?" Hope asks. "I mean, that was how he'd react. You know, he'd say something roguishly charming to deflect from how vulnerable you made him feel, and then...well, he'd kiss you," Landon says. 

Klaus fakes throwing up as his siblings begin to laugh at him. 

Hope meets up with her cousins in Grace's dorm. "Hey, I realized that I only got to reason 101," Grace says. "Let me guess Abby Bennett," Hope asks Faith in a whisper. "Yep," Faith says. "Reason 102, the Mikaelsons lose two of their brothers and actually deal with their emotions. She loses her brother and turns her emotions off," Grace says. "Reason 103, she convinced her little gang to commit mass genocide twice," Grace adds. "Have you ever thought about writing these down," Finn asks. Faith and Hope nod.

"Mass genocide," Elena says. "I would never do that," she adds. Hope and Faith grab onto Grace's arms before she decides to kill Elena here. "So you did not kill two Originals and their entire sirelines," Josie asks. Elena looks down quiet.

Lizzie and Josie look at their dad, "So, one of us is gonna have to kill the other one?" Lizzie asks. "More like absorb. When Gemini twins turn 22, the Merge will determine who will lead the coven. And only one will survive. That's why your mother's always traveling the globe. Trying to find a solution," Alaric explains. "But if there's no one left from the Gemini coven except for Kai," Lizzie starts. "Then maybe we should ask for his help," Josie says. "I can't work with him," Alaric says. "Why not," Lizzie and Josie ask. "Because he killed your mother and I almost lost the two of you," Alaric says. "When do you...tell your children something like that?" Alaric asks. "I mean, could you handle that news at six?" Alaric asks. "11? 14?" he asks. "When exactly is the right time to tell your children that you...that you don't know if you'll be able to protect them?" Alaric asks. "I mean, when I...when I look at you sometimes, I still see you as little girls. Riding your bikes for the first time. Learning to walk. Dancing on my feet," Alaric reminisces. "When I look at you, I see all of that, and realize that I almost did not get to see any of that," Alaric says. "So I was never ready to tell you," Alaric says. "I'm still not," Alaric admits.

"It's a good reason for not working with him," Stefan says. "Yeah, but if it costs one of the twins their life because he won't try to work with the person who could change it," Faith says. "Then whose fault is it," Hope finishes.

Hope shakes her head as Grace continues with the list and accidentally wraps her hand around the crystal and Landon appears. "Think Hope," Landon says. "What have you been trying to tell yourself all day. But there was too much noise in your head, so you couldn't hear it," Landon asks. "I'm in trouble, Hope," Landon says, when he sees the pieces connect in Hope's eyes. "What?" Faith asks. "You already know that's true. I mean, I went into the woods, but I didn't take my journal? Or any camping gear. I left clues in the voice mail that something wasn't right. I called Dr. Saltzman - 'Ric.' I would never do that," Landon says. "You said hi to..." Grace starts. "Jed. Last time I said hey to Jed, he beat the crap out of me. I was trying to tell you that something wasn't right," Landon says. "What happened?" Hope asks.. "Hope...for the last time, just listen," Landon says again as Hope drops the crystal.

"Just minor things that set off alarm bells," Caroline says. "She did notice it before," Hayley says. "But Alaric wrote it off as being upset about him leaving," Bonnie adds. 

Grace goes to the twins dorm to find them in there alone. "We need your help," she says and they follow her to their dad's office. "Uncle Finn, tell us what you hear in the background," Faith says. He gives her a look, "Give me your word that you will not go head first into danger," he counters. The three girls exchange a look, "Fine, Finn. We give you our word," Faith says. Hope presses play, "Hey, Ric, sorry to take off like that, but I just needed a little time, so I'm going camping for a while," Landon's voice says. Finn uses his vampire hearing to hear minor background noises. "Hopefully, I can catch up on classwork later. Tell Raf and Jed hi for me," Landon finishes. The five girls turn to the oldest Mikaelson vampire. "There was footsteps, an air conditioner and," Finn says before hesitating. "Keycards being swiped," he says. "Triad," Lizzie whispers. "I mean, it has to be them. They've already tried to come for him once," Faith adds. "Let's go," Hope says as the group heads to the door. Finn gets in front of them, "You gave me you word," he says. "Do I look like I wear a suit everywhere I go," Grace growls. Finn growls, "Let's go get our Super Squad," Faith says as the five girls move past Finn.

"Well, that animosity with Elijah still holds strong," Kol says. Grace rolls her eyes, "It tricked Finn, didn't it," she asks. Kol smirks and shrugs agreeing with his daughter.

 Kol smirks and shrugs agreeing with his daughter