birth - j.q

REQUESTED ON TUMBLR! omg loves it's mr first Joseph imagine how cute 🥹 did anyone see that video of him getting emotional over that fans speech? broke my heart how they treated him and the fans. ALSO THIS IS VERY LONG SO ENJOY!!

you were there, standing over the kitchen island, breathing with each contraction. Joseph was behind you, rubbing your back, trying to calm you down. "you're doing so well love" he said, kissing your head softly. you looked up at him after the contraction subsided and stood up straight. your contractions weren't close enough together for you to go to the hospital and your water hadn't broke.

"shall we try walking, i hear it helps" he said, grabbing ahold of your hand. you nodded your head and started walking. after a few minutes of walking around hold his hand, you felt like you needed to hold onto something to keep yourself up.

"can i hold onto your shoulders instead and then we walk?" you asked, letting go of Joseph's hand. "of course love" he said, he waited for you to walk behind him and put your hands on his shoulders. he started walking again and stopped every time you got a contraction. your head would rest on his back when each one came and he stood patiently, squeezing the hand that was on his shoulder as comfort,

the contractions started getting closer together and Joseph decided, after hearing you groan at each contraction, that it was best to go to the hospital. he helped you up the stairs and grabbed the bag whilst you put on a zip up hoodie and threw your hair up in a messy bun. you grabbed your phone and followed Joseph down the stairs.

he had your blanket and baby bag/suitcase in his hands and you were holding onto his bicep, keeping yourself stable. he helped you get your shoes on and then he slid his on before helping you walk to the car. he opened the door for you, his tongue slipping out his mouth, showing his iconic concentration face.

he helped you get settled in the car before going to the back, putting everything in the boot of the car. you waited for him to get in the car and once he did, he immediately started driving to the hospital. "let's get this show on the road" he said, holding your hand as you cried through the contractions which were coming at a faster rate.

"Joey" you said, eyes screwing shut as another, hurtful, contraction hit you. Joseph turned to look at you as he turned the corner, road leading up to the maternity unit. your midwife, thankfully, was already there, meaning you would be able to get a room straight away.

"i know love, almost there" he said, kissing your forehead. you breathing quickened as the contraction got worse. he found a parking space and helped you out of the car, he luckily got the bags out first before walking into the unit where he was finally spoke to the midwife at the reception. she led you to a room and helped you get settled in. she gave you a gown and Joseph helped you put it on before helping you get settled in the bed. she put the baby monitor on your stomach and then spoke up. "miss y/n, we need to check how much you are dilated. if you are around 4cm, you are allowed an epidural, just let us know" she said, putting gloves on to check how dilated you were.

"this will feel uncomfortable so i'm sorry about that, we just need to make sure you're ready" Carol, the midwife, said as she lifted up the blanket. she started checking how much you were dilated and it did hurt. "ouch" you said as she kept checking how much you were dilated. Joseph stood next to you, holding your hand, rubbing your forehead as Carol kept inspecting you. after her prodding stopped, she took off her gloves and started talking.

"okay so you are about 5cm. that means you can get an epidural. was that something you wanted to do?" she asked, pulling the blanket back down. you nodded your head and spoke up. "i do want one please." you pleaded, wanting to be rid of the pain.