fathers day - j.q

REQUESTED ON TUMBLR! dad!Joseph is my favourite thing. sorry if you're getting annoyed with girl dad Joseph but i literally can only see him as a girl dad. if you want boy dad Joseph i'll be happy to write it just request it! probably has a few mistakes but other than that enjoy loves <33

you had given birth to your daughter Tommy three months ago and today was Joseph's first father's day. Joseph had always talked about becoming a dad and when you finally had your daughter he was ecstatic. he was one of the best dads you'd ever seen and seeing him and your daughter bond was beautiful. the first father's day was always important to him, he always spoke about it when you were pregnant and now Tommy was here he could finally experience it for himself.

he didn't believe his friends when they said being a parent was the best thing to ever happen to them but now he had his beautiful baby he knew exactly what they meant. you were downstairs making Joseph breakfast, both Tommy and Joseph asleep which gave you a bit of peace and quiet before Tommy woke up screaming. you hoped that she wouldn't wake up Joseph so you could surprise him and had the baby monitor right next to you as you cooked, any sound she made you were looking straight at the monitor to tend to her.

you heard her fussing as you plated up the food and quickly turned the oven off so you could go feed her. you walked up the stairs and into her bedroom where you saw her squirming around on the bed, obviously groggy from just waking up. "good morning sweetheart. did you sleep well?" you asked, carefully picking her up and placing her on your chest. the three month old lifted her head up slightly as she looked up at you, her doe brown eyes staring right into yours.

having your baby was the best thing to ever happen to
you. there were no words to describe the feeling when you first met the most beautiful creature which you created. you let your head fall down slightly so you could kiss her multiple times on her neck. you heard her giggle slightly, her left hand coming up to grab ahold of your hair. "ouch" you whispered, getting between her hand and your hair as you tried to stop her from ripping it out. you walked to the rocking chair which was in the corner of her nursery and sat down, pulling down the left side of your nursing pyjama top, knowing it was time for a feed.

she latched on pretty quickly which you were grateful for because today you definitely didn't want to be more stressed then you already were. sometimes it would take her at least 20 minutes to latch but the gods must of heard you. she nursed for about 10 minutes before she let go, meaning she didn't want anymore and that also meant you could now wake up Joseph for his breakfast. you pulled your top back up before sitting her up on your lap, allowing yourself to burp her.

after burping her you let yourself stand up and walk downstairs to put her in her baby bouncer which was in front of the TV. it was playing Bluey and every time that show was playing Tommy was absolutely mesmerised by the screen. she would not take her eyes off it for the ten minutes it was on the screen. obviously she didn't understand what was happening but the different characters just made her eyes widen and coo at the screen. you had gone back into the kitchen and picked up the breakfast you had prepared and put it on the dining room table, ready for Joseph to eat.

every father's day is special but a first father's day should always be remembered as the best so for his present you decided to make a card which had Tommys hand prints on the front and then inside the card were her foot prints. you had made this a few weeks ago and let's just say Tommy did not like having paint on her hands and feet but nevertheless you got a decent picture out of it. you also decided to add to the card a sweet paragraph and try to get Tommy to 'write' her name at the end of it with your help, obviously. you also got a frame made with a picture of Joseph and Tommy sleeping together on the couch when she was a month old. there were letters around the photo which said 'Happy first Father's day Daddy'. it wasn't anything expensive but it was sentimental and you knew Joseph would love it.